Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, but I have been driving manually shifted Mustangs for quite a while, and think I know at what RPM I should shift at. This dummie shift light on the dash is kinda pissing me off. Does anybody know if there is a way to disconnect it?

·
Registered
285 Posts
get a chip, upshift light no longer works then

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Have it and traction control disabled with a chip.

·
Registered
223 Posts
i wouldn't have traction control disabled ... you'll eventually get into a situation where you'll use it wisely -- like rain!

if anything have the chip reverse the setting on startup -- is that possible?
or get a black box II that remembers the last setting.

i know it's annoying at times, but it'll save your a$$ if used correctly.

... but screw the shift light!

·
Registered
285 Posts
or you could be cheap and just take the cluster out and remove the bulb or just use some good old elec. tape :D

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
coleman said:
i wouldn't have traction control disabled ... you'll eventually get into a situation where you'll use it wisely -- like rain!

if anything have the chip reverse the setting on startup -- is that possible?
or get a black box II that remembers the last setting.

i know it's annoying at times, but it'll save your a$$ if used correctly.

... but screw the shift light!
I have never been in a situation were I either needed it or wanted it. Diablo totally disabled mine I don't know if you can have it just reversed with the chip.

·
Registered
223 Posts
i'm terrified of the HP & repsonsiveness that our cars have with the single-blade TB! ... i use traction control all the time during the rain. but mine in a DD & if you can avoid rain, then you'd have less call for it.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Mine is a DD also.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Wow, Coleman likes traction control!

I wondered if anyone liked it. I haven't found any situations where I wanted it.

The times I left it on by mistake, I almost killed myself thinking I had a 500 hp car, but when I pulled out realized I actually had a 10 hp one.

JT

·
Registered
223 Posts
JT said:
Wow, Coleman likes traction control!
that's not to say that i haven't nearly hit my head against the dash a few times when i forgot to disengage it ... even w/ the black box II, it doesn't remember the last setting if the car dies within the first ~10 seconds.

but yesterday when it was raining, i certainly had the T/C on! i wonder if T/C would have helped racerat with her last close call...

·
Registered
180 Posts
I burned mine out. I'd have removed mine if the chip hadn't disabled it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
All the more reason to run out and purchase an aftermarket performance chip.
Then you will have all the more reason to run out and purchase a pulley

·
Registered
191 Posts
anyone have the shiftlight killed with an autologic chip?

I have the tc permanently killed on mine. As for rain. I drove my 300 rwhp 3000lb light assed 93 gt in the rain many times so I dont need the computer in my 03 trying to kill me. I know how to drive :)

Now abs is another story, Nothing like hitting the brakes and not worrying about skid just before you enter a turn and not having to "mind" the brake pedal as much. Im sure you are leaving a bit of brakeing power on the table with abs but its sooo worth it and you can always get bigger disks and calipers with more and bigger pistons :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts