Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my plan had been to wait until about early 2012 to snag a 5.0 auto used with about 20-30k miles on it. Brand new you can get those for about 29K with the base options right? Well I have been looking around at the prices of used ones (hard to find base models), and they seem as though they are holding value more so that I thought they would. Is this the case or do I just need to look harder?

· Registered
2,099 Posts
From what I have seen they are holding a little better then most thought they would. Also I have yet to see one with 20-30k on it though.

· Registered
257 Posts
I dont think you will see a clean 2011 base auto for 20K until next spring/summer. I'd put mine back to stock and sell it for 20K, but I'm too lazy to do it :)

· Registered
1,108 Posts
Yeah, but I am a cheap ass. I want to get one that someone else has eaten the depreciation on. I was hoping for one around 20k or so.
Trade in value is higher than that.

Good luck.

· Registered
1,108 Posts

· Registered
257 Posts

· Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, there is an example that gives me some hope. I can wait for as long as I need to. My 03 cobra is still running fine. I have just out grown the cramped feel of it. Need something more relaxed feeling to drive.

· Registered
208 Posts
You can get a new base 2012 Auto for a little over $26k if you shop around.
Couldn't imagine paying $22K for one with $45K miles when you can buy brand new for about $4K more. And you don't know if that one has been dogged, tuned and wo/warranty or even ever had the oil changed. Aren't the 2011s notorious for a ticking too?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.