Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm done with this check valve in my driver's side down pipe evacuating (or not) crankcase pressure.

What breather tanks are you all using?

Links are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using a Moroso breather. I do not have a link though.
Just a breather on top of the valve covers then? Both passenger and driver?

I tried running a breather directly on top of the covers, but they misted the engine bay like crazy. I've had my fair share of engine problems though, so maybe that was the reason.

I was going to run lines off the valve covers to a breather tank. Also, what sort of fitting is used at the valve cover itself. Do you tap the cover?

Something like this:

·
Registered
436 Posts

I tried running a breather directly on top of the covers, but they misted the engine bay like crazy. I've had my fair share of engine problems though, so maybe that was the reason.

I was going to run lines off the valve covers to a breather tank. Also, what sort of fitting is used at the valve cover itself. Do you tap the cover?

Something like this:
http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=13990 This is what i used outta my valve covers. And this is the tank i used. I didnt buy it from jegs cause the company that makes it is right now the street from me. http://www.jegs.com/i/Stef's/861/5115/10002/-1

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
436 Posts
I mounted the tank to the passenger side strut tower just under the intake pipe. As for the lines i used a y block under the passenger side intake filter to you cannot see it

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mounted the tank to the passenger side strut tower just under the intake pipe. As for the lines i used a y block under the passenger side intake filter to you cannot see it
Thanks for the info.

Are the D'Agostino pieces -10AN?

Do you have any pictures of your setup?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Are the D'Agostino pieces -10AN?

Do you have any pictures of your setup?
Yes they are -10.. Ill go out in the garage and snap a few quick pics. They arent going to be great. almost everything is outta the engine bay. Dropping in a 5.3L stroker next week!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ill have to take them tomorrow its too dark out there. Everything in the engine bay is black... Black timing cover, valve covers, turbos, piping.. Well you get the idea lol

·
Moving on up...
4,776 Posts
Tony,

Just call Derek or Sergio, they don't list the kit on their website anymore. I just bought one though...it's -10 braided lines. Two of those billet fittings to AN fittings, line to a T fitting, then one fitting/line into the tank. It's a sweet setup, kind of pricey...but SWEET!

G

·
Registered
497 Posts
Tony,

Just call Derek or Sergio, they don't list the kit on their website anymore. I just bought one though...it's -10 braided lines. Two of those billet fittings to AN fittings, line to a T fitting, then one fitting/line into the tank. It's a sweet setup, kind of pricey...but SWEET!

G
is this a complete kit?

·
Registered
401 Posts

Something like this:

This is what i run, got my from jegs for like $60 i think

·
Moving on up...
4,776 Posts
is this a complete kit?
It's complete, but it's not really a kit anymore. They basically charge for individual components, but they can put all the components you need on one order, if that makes sense. After talking with them, they said they don't sell it as a kit any more due to lack of interest. It's cost is roughly $380 for everything...(or at least that's what I paid).

·
Registered
490 Posts
Do these setups not mist your engine bay? Do you see excess smoke after a high boost pull?

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Humm... How much boost are you seeing? Tony and I both push aruond 28 psi
Thanks
Billy
I tried a breather directly on the valve cover and spent the next two days removing oil from the engine bay, lol.

I think the catch can would prevent the misting. It's just more crap. I just don't trust the check valve. I've already replaced one that quit working correctly.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Tony,

I used this can from Moroso, but cut off the -12 AN fitting and had a -10 AN welded on. That way my entire can setup was -10 AN throughout.

Can - http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MOR-85465&N=700+115&autoview=sku

I used the two -10 AN fitting from D'Agostino Racing, a -10 AN tee fitting, and -10 AN 90* fittings to come off the valve covers. Then 4 -10 AN straight fittings.

I put the can down in my passenger side inner fender and have everything sloped down so no oil ever builds up and ruins valve seals. Easy to drain the can from down there as well.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts