Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
man rich you went and got a camera......damn stepping up to the new age mang....lol

nice sound of the KB

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
That max RPM sure comes on FAST with the KB, doesn't it?

But will it keep up with a pulley'd Eaton at the track?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ooooh yah. Sweet. I love the loud exhaust, but the sound of a SC will always do it for me. So unique.

Thanks for the sound/movie clip.

·
Registered
109 Posts
niiiiiiiice.....rich doesn't do a bad job tuning btw guys.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
At 9psi with my KB for so long i forgot what that wonderfull scream sounded like :)

How much boost was the car in the vid running?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bayway Lincoln 2003 Cobra!

The Cobra on the Dyno.
The specs.
Kenne Bell kit with Reichard racing 2.80 pully 17-18 psi.
Kenne Bell Throttle Body. 50# Injectors.
Kenne Bell Boostapump.
Metco idler pully. Gates Green stripe belt.
BBK Jet Hot coated Longtube headers with H-Pipe
Flowmaster Catback system
Diablo Sport Delta chip with two street programs.(Mild Tuneup)
Ford Motorsport Steel flywheel and Clutch Kit.
Strictlypro cold air kit with K&N Filter.
Strictlypro Subframe conectors
Pump Gas!
When we first did this car for Bayway it would make 575 to the ground with a little less boost and the stock injectors.
It ran 11.03 and 11.22 at 126mph.
The spare tire was in the car,and it was driven to the track.

·
Registered
124 Posts
SSled said:
you have too much free time if you make the pic in your sig.. You must have taken a beating when you didnt have your 03 :rolleyes:
Actually the pic was done by a fellow Ford lover in Dallas, he has done several lately and I liked this one. My daughter drives my old '01 SS with more than a few bolt-ons. Neither it or my '03 could hang with my last M3. Of course it had a AA turbo kit on it along with some weight reductions. ;)
I like all fast cars, just some LS1 guys around here lately have been a bit short sighted in their love of it. It has gotten to the point where they refuse to acknowledge any wrongs with their car even though most of them have are running truck blocks and 5.3 heads (aluminum stockers long ago bit the dust) while still maintaining they are stock and built better than our '03. :D
It is just a reminder that even the mighty LS1 has issues, just like our Heaton, cheap T56, and halfshafts my grandma could break. I still love my '03 and always will. :king

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
that car is an animal. so about this kenne bell supercharger. i can have a 11 second flat cobra and still be reliable under that boost ?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was just giving you hell man.I know there are flaws in the LS1.I got a good one and have had no issues with the motor so far.My bolton SS ran 11.9's.I raced BAD PNY (totally stock) from a roll and we were neck and neck. My clutch was slipping but it was still close.I had the gearing and weight advantage and he had the hp advantage.
I like mustangs and 03's or I wouldnt be here.I am racing at the Mod Shootout with a 03 also. I am not one of those LS1 owners.I realize it only takes you 2 grand in mods to beat me with my car that I will have close to 10 large into just to make everything virtually bulletproof. But in the end we spent the same amount of money.I bought my car for 25000 with 3k on the clock.

Take it easy

Brett

·
Registered
510 Posts
How much are the Reichard Racing pullies for the KB blower and who all sells them?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
SVTVenom said:
How much are the Reichard Racing pullies for the KB blower and who all sells them?
A paid 150 delivered for a 17# 3" non-slip from Nitrous Pete.

·
Registered
510 Posts
toofast4u said:
A paid 150 delivered for a 17# 3" non-slip from Nitrous Pete.
Are they really worth it or is it just one of those "nice to have" things? I was on Strictly Pro's website and they have a damn good price for a KB blower kit installed. Its nice to have that place only 3-4 hrs away if I need to get that and have it put on :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts