Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got VMP's Dual 66mm Throttle Body today and installed it tonight. I took a few pics of both throttle body's, VMP's dual 66mm & Whipple MonoBlade. Right off the bat it idle's down quickly and idle's right at 800rpm. I also put in a set of new FMS 80lb injectors. Going to get everything tuned this Saturday. I will post the new dyno numbers to compare Whipple MonoBlade vs. VMP Dual 66mm - and the winner is....:dunno2:

PS: For sale: Whipple 160mm MonoBlade :bigwink:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Its seems to me as though your going to have better air flow with the 160mm as apposed to the 132mm no? How many lbs are you running?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I like the dual blade air foil design better, they have more aircharge velocity opposed to the big mouth monoblade design. I'm not flaming Whipple , they make a great product, but look at how many used monoblades are for sale compared to the dual blades. I'm sure there is a reason for that.

·
VMP Tuning
2,911 Posts
Good to hear you got it on. I just put one on a TVS car today for a magazine article. I think it would take an 800rwhp gt500 to show a power difference between the monoblade and my dual 66mm. I have a monoblade here for testing, and I have compared it to my dual 66mm on my car making 18psi/700rwhp and saw no difference in power or intake vacuum/restriction.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Good to hear you got it on. I just put one on a TVS car today for a magazine article. I think it would take an 800rwhp gt500 to show a power difference between the monoblade and my dual 66mm. I have a monoblade here for testing, and I have compared it to my dual 66mm on my car making 18psi/700rwhp and saw no difference in power or intake vacuum/restriction.
we shall test that out as soon as I get mine on the dyno!!!!! I think it will do just fine:bigwink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.