Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am putting my s-trim kit on my 2002 gt this weekend and need to know a few things.please help!!!
1)do i need to remove my steeda underdrive pulleys? and why.
2)is the timming adjuster pointless because i have a diablo custom tune?
3)is the oil tap simple?
4)i have the 10#set up, what is the chances i see 10psi.how much will i see?
5)any helpful hints

v1-s 10# 42lbs injectors,255 high psi pump,diablo custom tune,powerpipe.looking for 400rwhp!!!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Underdrive pullies are useless in a blower setup. Why would you want to turn the blower slower? Thats what underdrives do. I am sure you can sell them for 2/3rd what you paid.

A timing adjuster is always good to get mechanicaly advanced timing vs advancing with the computer. I would advance it some with the T/A, then let the chip add a little more.

The rest of your questions I leave to people who have actually done the work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe I would make some phone calls to vortech and diablo about how the smaller underdrives will affect you blower and the timing adjuster acts with the chip - all you might have to do is buy a new pulley for the charger. If it were me I would take the timing adjuster off and see how the tune up is on the diablo chip, and If I heard any detonation or funny noises I would reinstall it and back the timing down a bit. This is of course a patch and you would need to get a retune. - B.

·
Registered
307 Posts
1)do i need to remove my steeda underdrive pulleys? and why.

Ditch the pulleys b/c they will throw off the amount of boost you will want to make.

2)is the timming adjuster pointless because i have a diablo custom tune?

I'd ditch the timing adjuster. Let the computer pull and add timing. That's what the chip is there for.

3)is the oil tap simple?

Yes. Follow the directions and you won't have problems. You'll just have to overcome that uneasy feeling that you get knowing that you're purposefully putting a hole in your oil pan.

4)i have the 10#set up, what is the chances i see 10psi.how much will i see?

Very good pending you don't have much or no belt slippage.

5)any helpful hints

HAVE FUN! HAPPINESS IS BEING BLOWN!!

Rock on!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
b2stangs said:
Bad281 - you going to Rockingham on saturday?
My intentions are to go. That's pending that my cam install and dyno tune today both go as planned. I'll have to work most of the day sat., but I'll probably shoot over there in the PM if all goes well.

yourself?>

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'll be there - look for a rio red saleen (97 model) ARP sticker in the back windshield - will be with some fellow club members. Going to make some time runs to see what she is capable of doing - nothing serious though. - B.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts