Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
this is copy of the thread that I started over in the New Edge Section. I don't know how Moderators are going to feel about me making a duplicate, but I feel obligated to because I said I would follow up with you guys after it's completed. Any how, here it is.

Hey guys,
a while ago I was on the Terminator Forum updating my progress on my New Edge 5.4 Conversion. Well it's finally done, so I wanted to post over here on the New Edge portion of the site and share with you guys some pictures and vids of it. I don't have any numbers yet because I just got the car running not too long ago, but I will here in a few weeks. Right now it only has a little base tune in it to get it running.

Here's an overview if anyone is curious.
The car has full weight for the most part, what I consider to be tasteful (which is my opinion) weight reduction is taking out a part and replacing it with a lighter part that's just as durable if not more (Like Replacing K members, A Arms, etc).

It's a 5.4 .020 over built by me at Voodoo Racing Innovations (VRI)
with Fully Forged Bottom End and ARP Hardware
Machine Work Done by Adam Dahl at West Coast Racing Engines
Ported/Polished 03 Cobra heads done by HBR Competition Engines here in Vegas.
Custom Ground Comp Cams to VRI Specs
Manley Valve Train with Titanium Retainers
ATI Super Damper
Melling Billet Oil Pump
Custom Sheet Metal Tunnel Ram Built by Virtual Works Racing
Custom One Off 5.4 Headers Built by BSR Fabrications
(He built me a set for my Termi as well)
Dynomax Mufflers
60LB Injectors
BAP
I'll be tuning it with the assistance of DDT or CC if they're interested :bigwink:
QA1 Tubular K member and arms
QA1 Coil Overs
Granatelli Upper Control Arms
Custom Lower Control Arms
4R70W built by Performance Transmission Las Vegas by Len
PTC Converter
FRPP Driveshaft
Solid Axle with Welded Axle Tubes and Mac Rear End Support
Superior 31 Spline Axles
31 Spline Eaton Posi Diff
Custom Intake System done by me.

And some other things I'm sure I forgot.

This car was originally a joint project between my friend Chris (Mad TV) and me. Due to the recession, Chris lost his job and was unable to complete it. Therefore, I took the responsibility of completing this car and I dedicate this to him.:tip: I also like to thank my friends Dana at Virtual Works Racing, and BSR Fabrications for their countless hours of devoting their fabrication skills on this car. I couldn't have done it without you guys. And Last but not least, I'd like to thank "NazMan" from our very own Modular Fords forum for his advice that he's gave to me over the course of the last year to help me complete this project as well.

I hope you guys enjoy the pics.

Frank

The VWR Tunnel Ram

The BSR Headers (These header pics are actually from the set that are in my Termi)

Some Idling Vids

·
Registered
971 Posts
Wow! Those headers are work of frigin art,what size primaries and collectors are they? Your mod list looks flawless should be a rocket at the track, keep the updates coming.
~Mark

·
Registered
141 Posts
man that is beautiful, that really aspires me to do my navi swap. im sure ill probably got one or two questions for ya lol. do u have any revving vids?

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Really cool project, looks like it would've taken a LOT of fab work to make it happen. Good job.
I do however, find myself at a loss. Excuse my ignorance, as I haven't been following this project, but is this a N/A motor? (As I don't see a turbo setup or a centri/roots blower)
And if the answer to that question is yes, then my next question would be what types of numbers are you expecting? I'm not really familiar with the 5.4 potential in N/A form-

Thanks, and again, really cool project!

·
doing it with a 2v..
2,589 Posts
looks stockish...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really cool project, looks like it would've taken a LOT of fab work to make it happen. Good job.
I do however, find myself at a loss. Excuse my ignorance, as I haven't been following this project, but is this a N/A motor? (As I don't see a turbo setup or a centri/roots blower)
And if the answer to that question is yes, then my next question would be what types of numbers are you expecting? I'm not really familiar with the 5.4 potential in N/A form-

Thanks, and again, really cool project!
Thanks! Yes it is Naturally Aspirated. Not comparing myself to Al Pappito at Boss 330 at all (His car is simply amazing), his car has gone deep into the 9s with a 3100 lbs race weight. I know Nazman's Cobra ran 10.7's with a 324 Stroker N/A as well. So, a properly setup 5.4 with no power adder actually runs really really well. I built this project mainly to see if I could do it, I don't know what to expect from this car yet. I'm just taking it a day at a time. I built the bottom end to be able to withstand nitrous, but it will be a good while before I would even consider putting it on there. I already have a power adder Cobra, and I like the challenge of a N/A car.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Sick build up! Loved the headers and intake! Very nice!

Congrats! Tell me how she does on the dyno!

Naz

Ps. My new combo should be running very, very soon! Will be tons stronger than my last NA combo (128MPH traps @ 3350LBS).

Naz

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyways since my Termi is upgraded (again) I figure I will give some much needed attention to the naturally aspriated car, and needless to say I'm happy with the numbers. I don't know how much sense these numbers would really make to you guys since it's through a 4R70W, with an unlocked converter and slicks. The car will never make as much power as a stick car on the dyno but it still made a stout 433rwhp. What I personally think is impressive is how long it can hold the power out for. I was stunned by that.

Here's the dyno sheet and video. Hopefully I can figure out how to get both cars out to the track Sunday. The run was done at Dynojet (the place that makes the dynos) here in Las Vegas.

·
doing it with a 2v..
2,589 Posts
thatis a whole lot... what kinda of pistons did you use?

·
doing it with a 2v..
2,589 Posts
something with a custom dome? because i had always heard even flattops on those motors dont give much for compression?

·
My car hates me
503 Posts
At first glance I was like wow that torque drops off quick......then I looked and saw that you're spinning to over 7500. Good work man. Enjoy!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
something with a custom dome? because i had always heard even flattops on those motors dont give much for compression?
Yes. :bigwink:

At first glance I was like wow that torque drops off quick......then I looked and saw that you're spinning to over 7500. Good work man. Enjoy!
Thanks! :tip:

·
doing it with a 2v..
2,589 Posts
when you gonna track this? i cant wait to see what it runs..

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
thats really impressive. especially through an auto and slicks! thats prob like 550rwhp through a stick and normal tires right?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
when you gonna track this? i cant wait to see what it runs..
Hopefully tomarrow if all things go well. I'm trying to figure out how to get both Cobras to the track...

thats really impressive. especially through an auto and slicks! thats prob like 550rwhp through a stick and normal tires right?
I figure it'd be somewhere around there.

·
doing it with a 2v..
2,589 Posts
ill go drive one up there for you?

let me know..
ha ha.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
doing it with a 2v..