Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Tried it a couple times, but fell on my face. I never tried again after I had a scarry skiing accident! But, I love to tub though.

Brandon

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
96blkcobra said:
I plan on trying it for the first time very soon! any tips?
let the boat pull you up. Keep your knees slightly bent and more weight on your back foot. Really work on working the edges of the board before trying any sort of jumping. Key is to get comfortable with the board.

I was doing a very simple pop 180 where you are on your edge riding outside the wake, ollie and do a 180 and i started the rotation too soon and caught the front edge. I think i only have one working testicle now.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've been wakeboarding since 98 and love it. Thank god the face plants have been only few and far between.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turbo Timmy said:
just started about 2 weeks ago lookin to buy a board you know anything about them?
i absolutely love my hyperlite belmont (mine is a honeycomb). I think its a great board because its not too agressive but not too subtle either. The board will definetly grow with you.

·
Registered
94 Posts
just bought a liquid force search 135 have'nt ridden it yet but i'll let you know. i love the binding's atleast the way they look. does the boat you wake board off of have the tower ? my buddy is about to buy one . what speed do you like to be pulled at i prefer between 18-20 . any input is appreciated

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i weigh like 205 lbs so im usually wakeboarding at about 23 or so. I have wakeboarded behind towers about 5-8 times and just love them, but im usually riding behind ski boats so the spins and all that stuff are a little bit more difficult for me. I hope to be going back up in about 2 weeks behind an air natique

·
Registered
94 Posts
saw a 14 yr old kid land a back flip (tantrum) clearing the wake every time. he hit the wake when it doubled up and i swear the bottom of his board was like ten feet in the air. it was incredible to watch this kid ride. my buddy got his tower we should be puttin it on on monday let you know how it turns out

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I'm a water skier from WAY back in the day.

You'll have that when you grow up with the bay as your back yard and all your family and friends have boats.

:cool:

·
Registered
176 Posts
HAMMER said:
I'm a water skier from WAY back in the day.

You'll have that when you grow up with the bay as your back yard and all your family and friends have boats.

:cool:
That kind of childhood makes me jealous as I'm a big fisherman.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts