Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's the fix for chipped cars

Ok lots of people want to know how to make thier PCM look like it was never touched. This is how! This is a spray on epoxy resin, VERY simalar to what the manufacturer used... only difference is they dip the whole PCM at 1 time, and you will only recoat the area you need ( the pins that you sanded clean ) It costs about $14 in a good electronics store. Good luck.

Oh and this is intended for those not trying to abuse a warranty, If YOU blow it up, pay to get it fixed! If it is a factory problem, this may help you salvage your warranty. :beer:

Jayson

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
hey

I didnt realize that a chip voided your warrenty. I had one on my 01GT that I traded in and I even told the dealership it was there. They didnt have any problem with it and gave me a great trade in....well great compared to NJ dealers hehehe

I also had a few things done under warrenty on my 01 GT. Nothing serious though and there was no problem with the chip. I even had my codes read and was concerned that the chip would be a problem. They had no problem reading the codes and as far as I know didnt need to take the chip out. I had a code for cat efficiency after having Bassani x and cat back installed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Jayson, have you, or any of your buds tested this stuff with the dealer?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I haven't tried it at the dealer... but have coated circuit bords with it... I don't think the dealer would be able to tell, unless the tech is also an eletrical tech.

Jayson

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
That protective coating is great, but I think there are still some problems that may be encountered.

To properly install the chip you must scrape all of the clear coating down to the brass contacts. When you do this it is very easy to see that the brass has been scraped. When the factory coats the board there aren't any marks on those brass contacts. When you apply this coating it is clear which will allow the marks on the brass contacts to show right through. So when Ford or the dealer is trying to determine if there was a chip installed this may not overcome the issue.

I think that if Ford or the dealer is scrutinizing the processor that close lookin for evidence of a chip......you have a problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Uh, yeah - just paint them or get some Nickel print coating, GC Electronics p.n. 22-207.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts