Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my dealer to admit that a TSB for the "tick" was not a hoax. I have an appointment next Tuesday. One question....I have a CAI installed. Will they try to tell me that the warranty is voided? I can't put the stock air box back on because I cut it to shreads trying to get more airflow with the stock filter. I would reather buy a new stock air box from Ford that a new head from Ford. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
That is a tough call. It really depends on the dealer.

Do you have a good relationship with them, as in you've bought a lot of cars there, etc?

If your voice isn't real recognizable, you may want to wait a couple of days and try calling and asking without giving your name.

That is a wild picture, is that you? If so, I'm glad you made it home safe.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, that's me in Baghdad with the 3rd ID a few months ago. I was under the impression that you could add mods to your car and it wouldn't void the warranty if the added on parts didn't directly cause the problem. I would love to have the dealer tell me that the CAI caused the "tick". If so I might be visiting him again with the 9mm Thanks..

·
Registered
11 Posts
You shouldn't have a problem but you might just want to take 30 minutes and put the stock setup back. Some guy is getting voided because of something that went wrong in the area of the CIA filter but who knows! Up to you and like what they said about your relationship with the dealer.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I was told from my service advisor, good relationship, that 'he wouldnt' void my warrenty if i had a k&n or aftermarket filter, but if they feel that the aftermarket intake could be causing the problem, then he said that he would have to make me put the stock airbox back in and then they could continue testing. If they testing came out fine after the stock was put back in, meaning the intake caused the problem, then he would have to charge me for the work; however, my warrent would still not be voided...

I think it all depends on the service advisor and as far as im concerned with mine after they dented my door, i dont think anything on my car would ever void my warrenty ;)

Good luck...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the advice I'll let you know how it went

·
Registered
721 Posts
I just got back from the dealer on Tuesday. Took my car in to have it diagnosed for the "Tick". I left all my mods on (See sig) plus I had a set of AFS 10.5's with 315 Nitto's and the AR/HBH anti-hop shocks installed. They never gave that stuff a second look. They performed the inspections as outlined in the TSB, told me my car met the requirements for the head replacemnent and ordered the parts. Should be in sometime next week.

Like stated above, it's all about the service department where you take it. Some are real a$$holes and some have level heads on their shoulders. How could a CAI have anything to do with a poorly designed coolant passage in the head?

U.M.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
jiocco said:
thanks for the advice I'll let you know how it went
Where are you located? Maybe someone close by could loan you the stock intake setup for your visit to the dealer.

Bill

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'll tell you what.....as one retired military guy to another who has been there and done that.....if you have the slightest problem and need a stock air assembly you PM me. I will send it to you....no problem. Just let me know. Brothers of the most elite forces in the world....and the baddest machines to ever grace asphalt.....have to stick together!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all your help. I'll give it a try with my current setup. Everything else is bone stock except for the CAI. If they give me any trouble, I'll find a stock airbox and try again. Once again, thank you for your advice...

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
2kbill said:
Where are you located? Maybe someone close by could loan you the stock intake setup for your visit to the dealer.

Bill
What he said. If you are near anybody in this thread you could probably PM them to borrow their box. I know mine is in my garage not being used.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks a lot. It's nice to know people with the same interests can stick together. I turn the car in on Tuesday and get a loaner vehicle (probably a POS) but I can't stand the tick anymore plus I have a prochamber sitting in my closet that I want to install but would hate to take it off to have the head fixed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
TopRacer said:
I was told from my service advisor, good relationship, that 'he wouldnt' void my warrenty if i had a k&n or aftermarket filter, but if they feel that the aftermarket intake could be causing the problem, then he said that he would have to make me put the stock airbox back in and then they could continue testing. If they testing came out fine after the stock was put back in, meaning the intake caused the problem, then he would have to charge me for the work; however, my warrent would still not be voided...

I think it all depends on the service advisor and as far as im concerned with mine after they dented my door, i dont think anything on my car would ever void my warrenty ;)

Good luck...
Where do you get your work done?? I'm over in philly and would make the trek to south Jersey for some good SVT service.

·
Registered
11 Posts
toofast4u said:
What he said. If you are near anybody in this thread you could probably PM them to borrow their box. I know mine is in my garage not being used.
Yeah! I'm still wating for that ride you said you would give me months ago.. Now you own me one in the KB Cobra! ha

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I still lived in New York that would be my plan but since I'm in the Army at Fort Benning, GA I have to go to Alabama of an SVT dealer here in Georgia. I'm going to give Alabama a shot since I bought the car in Georgia but the dealer hasn't heard about the TSB yet (so he says).

·
Registered
481 Posts
Phreakfree said:
Where do you get your work done?? I'm over in philly and would make the trek to south Jersey for some good SVT service.
I get my work done at Holman in Mount Laurel, NJ which is about 25mins from Walt Whitman Bridge...

If you plan on going there, ask for Rich Adler. He is my service advisor, a real nice guy...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts