Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or other coolant additives

Is ok to use any of these products for Intercooler or radiator for that matter??

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
I know kenne bell recomends water weter for the IC, not sure about the radiator though.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
It's a wetting agent, and lowers the surface tension of the coolant. I've never heard of it causing problems. I'll have to pick some up for the Cobra when I see it. It's only 20 bucks for a couple botttles. I really need to get my temp gauge installed :banghead

·
Registered
516 Posts
I've got Watter Wetter in both the I/C and radiator cooling sytems with no problems. I ran a road course track event about 5 weeks ago and the temps were fine. The temperature outside never got very warm (above 70) so it was hard to tell if it will make a lot of difference.

I used to run watter wetter in my SCCA A/S car and it made about 20 deg difference in engine temps.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With warmer weather comming..anything to keep these Heatons cooler.............

G

·
I thought it had a foaming effect when put in our blower intercooler reservior area. Because of all the bubbling that goes on in there.....havnt tried it..so I dont know for sure....I think some have and didnt have a prob....who knows..

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Jimmy,

I have used Water Wetter and another product called "Blue Ice" religiously when I raced motorcycles. I have also used water wetter in several of my past hi-po vehichles. Both products help to dissipate heat which is a good thing. Now on the motorcycle side, if I didn't use the product then my top end would get so hot it would sieze. This was due to some serious motor work and on the edge tuning.

I have yet to put water wetter in my cobra or the aftercooler for that matter. I would highly reccomend using it though.

P.S. Never had a foaming issue with either product.

Razor.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VP cool down

Circle Track guys use VP Cool down..
anybody ever try that?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: VP cool down

akatherazor4 said:
As in VP race fuel?

Razor.:confused:
yes......VP says on the bottleVP race Fuels COOL DOWN

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
COOLANT ADDITIVES

Cool Down:
Reduces cooling system operating temperatures by 20-50 degrees. Works great in race cars, their towing vehicles, and long idling applications. 1 bottle per 2.5 gallons / 2 ounces per quart for motorcycles. Reduces coolant surface tension, allows better laminar coolant flow for better heat transfer. Lubricates without the crystallization of other coolant additives.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Re: Re: Re: VP cool down

Jim Vaccaro said:
yes......VP says on the bottleVP race Fuels COOL DOWN
Hmmmm very interesting. I've never seen this product. Let's just hope it's a bit cheaper then their fuel.:lol

Razor.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: VP cool down

akatherazor4 said:
Hmmmm very interesting. I've never seen this product. Let's just hope it's a bit cheaper then their fuel.:lol

Razor.
Circle Track shop here sells it $9 a bottle list is $12

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: VP cool down

Jim Vaccaro said:
Circle Track shop here sells it $9 a bottle list is $12
That's not too bad. I can get Water Wetter for $6 a bottle down here.

Razor.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Oh you and your daughter made MM&FF too! Congrats.

P.S. Check the bar.;)

Razor.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank's...

G

·
I know it works in our radiators..yes..I have used it there quite abit..just not in our intercooler reservior. So know foaming action in that either?

Thanks,
Harry

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:
I know it works in our radiators..yes..I have used it there quite abit..just not in our intercooler reservior. So know foaming action in that either?

Thanks,
Harry
Well since I do not own an 03 it would be foolish of me to say it wouldn't foam up. Now I do not know Water Wetter for having the tendency to foam up and my thought is that you would be safe to use it. I'll throw some in my Aftercooler resiovior and try it out. Get back to me in a few days and I will let you know the results.;)

Razor.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
No foam in my intercooler resivoir put water wetter in there last summer, also drained all the coolant out of it for further heat trainsfer. Just water and additive in there and it stays nice and cool with the fan kit helping also. All the tricks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts