Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great time this year again. Car is definitely off pace. I'm going to pull the trans and have the converter reflashed. Feels way too loose. The car should have gone 8s easily over the weekend. Check out the race with the supra, it was so cold, guys were wiping frost off their windows before their passes. Of course I had my heat and defroster on lol. I'm glad my stock motor is hanging with some of these big cars. Still in one piece!

Qualifying round 1 at 4:17 of this one. Blew the tires off with a 1.7 60'........

MIR WCF 2011 - Super Street Qualifying Round 1 - YouTube

Qualifying round 2 at 3:05 of this one. Chose the other lane lol..........

MIR WCF 2011 - Super Street Qualifying Round 2 - YouTube

Eliminations round 1 at 1:45 of this one.......

MIR WCF 2011 - Super Street Eliminations Round 1 - YouTube

Eliminations round 2 at 3:13 of this one.........

MIR WCF 2011 - Super Street Eliminations Round 2 - YouTube

Quarterfinals against the 8.64 supra. He's somewhere in the 1200whp range with turbo and nitrous. I cut a shitty light for some reason and that was the difference. I didn't see him until the last 20ft! ****!

WCF 2011 Double D Tuning / Darin Dichiara - YouTube

http://www.grs-motorsports.net/video...mir/wcf/42.wmv

Random pic..........

Sick Cobra | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

· Premium Member
8,806 Posts
congrats harold...the convertor will make all the difference..
lol...prob will go 8s without any other changes........Harold....

so on the crash....did the guy in the import get out with no helmet on??????

· Registered
6,795 Posts
Awesome vid. I'd love to make some passes at MIR in this air.

I've always wondered how accidents like that play out after the cars are off the track. Does the import pay for the damages to the Mustang? Do they both submit claims to insurance even though there is no way in hell they will get coverage? Is it driver risk, and if you get hit by someone else at the track, that's the risk you take, and all repairs are on the owners of the cars?

· Premium Member
8,806 Posts

I've always wondered how accidents like that play out after the cars are off the track. Does the import pay for the damages to the Mustang? Do they both submit claims to insurance even though there is no way in hell they will get coverage? Is it driver risk, and if you get hit by someone else at the track, that's the risk you take, and all repairs are on the owners of the cars?
Sucks but I would think repairs are on the owners. If the track had water / oil on it its esentially the tracks fault but thats why you sign a waiver.

I will have race car / track insurance next year for this reason.....easy to do since Im not on the street anymore

· Registered
743 Posts

Track insurance is the only way to go..I am going to do it next year to..you are on your own in this case, from what I read the import **** didnt even go over to say sorry to the other guy..real cool..I would have hit him so many times he would have thought he was surrounded..

Harolds car is fast as hell if you think about it..bone stock motor with a whipple running 9.0s and on E-85..cant beat it..

· Registered
289 Posts
Congrats Harold on the awesome runs! Very impressive for a stock longblock! BTW im the same guy that asked you about the engine on Supraforums. Nice to see my two fav cars running down the track together! :rock:

· Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats Harold on the awesome runs! Very impressive for a stock longblock! BTW im the same guy that asked you about the engine on Supraforums. Nice to see my two fav cars running down the track together! :rock:
Haha thanks Dave. I've been kicking myself for a week now because of the pathetic light I cut. I shoulda put him on the trailer!

· Premium Member
2,439 Posts
Thanks bro. I hope so! Gonna make some small changes for next year that will definitely get me into the 8s.
Next year?!?! You were supposed to get the car in the 8's THIS year :imao:

Just messing with ya Harold! I know as small as the numbers are it's damn hard going from a 9.0 to an 8.9. Best of luck to you next year... with some more seat time I know you'll get the car to that number :bigwink:

Shannon

· Premium Member
8,806 Posts

Just messing with ya Harold! I know as small as the numbers are it's damn hard going from a 9.0 to an 8.9. Best of luck to you next year... with some more seat time I know you'll get the car to that number :bigwink:

Shannon
if he did the converter he would have....sorry buddy

· Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Shannon
I know. I suck. Spring is only a few months away. I'll get it done.

· Premium Member
2,439 Posts
I know. I suck. Spring is only a few months away. I'll get it done.
Ah c'mon buddy... you know I'm just joking with ya :bigwink: I wish my junk was half as fast as you... I might be somebody then :rofl2:

How bad is the converter off by? I thought you had that all dialed in already?

Shannon

· Premium Member
8,806 Posts

Shannon
......................:secret:

· Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ah c'mon buddy... you know I'm just joking with ya :bigwink: I wish my junk was half as fast as you... I might be somebody then :rofl2:

Shannon
Haha, I know you were kidding. The reason I said I suck is because my ignorance of converters probably cost me a season of running a good bit quicker all year. I should have had it tightened up last year lol.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.