Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2kbill said:
Eric, I know this is work in progress, but why is there now a big blue margin on both sides of the page, with the content all mooshed up in the center? Just wondering...

Bill
I set a fixed width on the size of the forum table. The blue on the sides that you see is the background. I chose to go with 780 pixels wide on the forums because the guys running their monitors in 800 x 600 resolution will have a scroll bar along the bottom of their screen if its set any wider.

The higher the resolution you run, the more blue that you will see. There are millions of people that run 800 x 600, but as more people begin using the newer monitors, websites will start catering to the bigger sizes. I agree, the forum looks better if its a little wider, but to try and please more people, I had to limit it.

I hope its not a major issue.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
That's probably what changed, I think the table was previously variable, so that it expanded based on window geometry. I'm sure you're right about many folks still running 800x600, but for us with more pixels, well, lets say it isn't an improvement. Since nobody else has chimed in, I guess its not an issue...

Bill

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Dammit eric!!! I can't even read it at 1600 X 1200. LMAO Now I have to turn my resolution down a bit. Can i put a vote in for at least 1024 width??? hehehe

gary

·
Registered
388 Posts
is there any way to make 2 different formats? One for the old school monitor junkies with the 800x600 and one for the crisper new monitors that some of us are accostomed to?

Can you also put a quick reply function at the bottom?

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SVTyballz said:
Dammit eric!!! I can't even read it at 1600 X 1200. LMAO Now I have to turn my resolution down a bit. Can i put a vote in for at least 1024 width??? hehehe

gary
Is it seriously a problem? I run 1024x768, looks great here.

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
Is it seriously a problem? I run 1024x768, looks great here.
Not at all dude. Im just f'n with you as usual. I run 1280 X 960 usually and it really isn't that bad. BUT 1024 width would be nice.

EDIT: Oh yeah, that quick reply deal would be nice

gary

·
Registered
156 Posts
Running 800x600 is the equivalent of using crayons. Come on people, buy some freaking reading glasses already! :D

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
I set the width back to 100% so that the forum resizes to your screen, but if you notice the header up top stays the same size. I will work on this some more and get it looking " just like I want it "

Comments, and Suggestions are appreciated.
Cool. Much better.

gary

1 - 20 of 22 Posts