Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll soon be in the market for an 03 Cobra and would like to know if any Northern CA drivers could direct me towards any favored dealers to deal with or at least warn me against the ones to stay away from?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I really don't think there are any good dealers.

I purchased my 03 from Fremont Ford. But had a hellofa time. They had the best price, but tried to jack me around on financing. Even adding an extended warranty without notifying me.

Shamrock Ford is just as bad. Really like to rape on the price of the 03's. Although I know they've had a sonic blue coupe on the lot for a LONG time.

IMO, you should email the fleet sales managers. You should be able to get close to invoice pricing....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been told by a Ford Corporate employee I should go to Future Ford in Roseville. He's noticed the best customer service there and little BS. I appreciate your help I now know to dodge Shamrock and Fremont. Thanks!

J

·
Registered
388 Posts
i would go to frontier ford in santa clara, and talk to either orlando or nat. They are both friends of mine and tell them Chuck sent you. They have a few 03s in stock right now as well as some mach 1s and a few roushes. Frontier Ford's number is (408) 241-1800. I highly reccommend these two as they are both knowledgable and will not jerk you around.

·
Registered
388 Posts
they get like 1-2 days off a week. They usually do work weekends but i would just call ahead and maybe make an appointment with one of them on when you could come down.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome, thank you. Now if my wife would quit second guessing this purchase... I was able to secure a buyer for my 91 and this guy believe it or not brought $10K cash the other night but I don't have access to the title until Monday. DAMNIT! :mad:

·
Registered
388 Posts
straightliner1 said:
Awesome, thank you. Now if my wife would quit second guessing this purchase... I was able to secure a buyer for my 91 and this guy believe it or not brought $10K cash the other night but I don't have access to the title until Monday. DAMNIT! :mad:

·
Registered
388 Posts
hey, i just talked to orlando and he can get you the 03 cobra under msrp no problem. He works Saturdays thru thursdays. The best way to contact him is via his cell 408-802-7849

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's f-n awesome. I thank you for your help. Tell Orlando to be on the lookout for Justin. Thanks again! BTW, do they do X plans?

·
Registered
388 Posts
ok, i will. I do not work at the dealership so i have no idea about the X-plan. Oh yeah, get it before Aug 2, we are trying to set up a cruise for Aug 2 in Woodside. Here are pics from me and some friends mapping out the cruise. My black mustang is only in one pic because i decided to drop it off and ride with the other guys:

http://www.raccoonracing.com/pics/SundayCruise/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had to register and post..

Two weeks ago I picked up my '03 in Santa Cruz at North Bay Ford. I had called just about every dealer in the Bay area looking for one that would accept the X-plan. I called North Bay and I immediately got the response, "Yes, of course! We'll accept it." I gave them some info on what I was looking for as far as financing was concerned. That same afternoon they called me back and they had secured me a really good financing deal. I picked up the car that night.

If they weren't so far away from me (100+ miles) I would be going there for EVERYTHING from this point on.

I ended up paying ~34k out-the-door. I was in the dealership a total of 35 minutes, and that was me screwing around and checking out some Lightnings and SVT Focuses.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Vaelin, do you have the EXACT price out the door? Coupe? with spoiler and chrome?

Im going to get a coupe with SPoiler and Chrome in about a month with X plan pricing, and trying to figure out the taxes and EXACT total out the door.

If you dont mind telling me and what options you got, so that i know. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Options: spoiler, chrome rims

X-plan price: 31029
- dealer holdback: 30098
+ taxes, guzzler: 34845

Their reasoning for accepting the x-plan was that they were getting another DSG coupe into stock. They also had a silver coupe with the chrome rims also.. and a DSG 'vert.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Actually, I don't know.. they seemed real friendly and stuff. It wouldn't hurt to ask if they accepted the x-plan. I don't know about the dealer holdback though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure, actually.. from what I do understand, the invoice price of what a dealer supposedly 'pays' for a car from the factory isn't the actual price. The actual price is invoice minus holdback, which is a certain percentage.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts