Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to keep Mach1 Stock look and still gain some power..
Weld in Mufflers?? What Mufflers? Or Weld Mach1 Exit pipes to a Catback..What Catback?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've always bought catback systems before, but do like the look of the stock pipes from the rear (they shine and fit nice).

Some of the guys have been welding in the new FlowMaster stainless mufflers for a little more sound (don't know about HP).

Here in Florida we don't have emission checks, so we can change out mid pipe. I'm thinking that might add a few ponies, and if that's not enough sound, the guys say a hi flo H goes well with the stainless Flows.

Since max HP not my goal with this car, I've ordered a MRT H with cats, and I'll see what that sounds like. Can do Muffs if necessary. Jay at Lamotta's can weld real good.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ralph Greene said:
I've always bought catback systems before, but do like the look of the stock pipes from the rear (they shine and fit nice).

Some of the guys have been welding in the new FlowMaster stainless mufflers for a little more sound (don't know about HP).

Here in Florida we don't have emission checks, so we can change out mid pipe. I'm thinking that might add a few ponies, and if that's not enough sound, the guys say a hi flo H goes well with the stainless Flows.

Since max HP not my goal with this car, I've ordered a MRT H with cats, and I'll see what that sounds like. Can do Muffs if necessary. Jay at Lamotta's can weld real good.
Ralph, I have the same plan..Instead of the Flowmasters, I am going to try the Mac SS mufflers..I'll prolly be a little louder...TRUE TO FORM>>>:D

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Same here Jim.....weld in muffs for me too...but I will be going the Flowmaster route.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts