Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Looks good Rob. Do you think you could get some shots totally from the side?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Looks Great Rob..too bad we can't lower cars here in New York.

jim v.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I like them very much. I have always liked the pro stars. I was thinking about the pro star xp's because a 15" can fit on our back without any mods. The XP's are special rims designed for clearance.

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
Rob - Do the Eibach's seem to help with the hop at all? Do you run the AR shocks?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Very nice.........can you possibly give us the weight difference between those and the stock wheels? Thanks!!

Ben Dorn

·
Registered
218 Posts
Not Kinesis K5s or Fikse Mach Vs, but your standard Weld forged wheel. Could do without the polished look. Other than that, acceptable.

·
Registered
40 Posts
HAMMER said:
I like them very much. I have always liked the pro stars. I was thinking about the pro star xp's because a 15" can fit on our back without any mods. The XP's are special rims designed for clearance.
Before I swapped to the 8.8 rear I tried the 15" Prostar XP's, they cleared the brakes but hit on something...maybe it was the control arm or the tie rod...cant remember...test fit them before you buy them.

jb

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
avdawg said:
Before I swapped to the 8.8 rear I tried the 15" Prostar XP's, they cleared the brakes but hit on something...maybe it was the control arm or the tie rod...cant remember...test fit them before you buy them.

jb
OH yeah, I forgot. They clear the brakes fine but hit the IRS. My mistake.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone!

That was the only pictures I had time to take, it started raining while I was taking those.
I'll take some more if it ever stops raining.

Regarding weight, they are about the same as stock. Ship weight was 22lbs per wheel. These aren't your typical Pro Stars....the XP's are a much stronger wheel than the standard Pro Stars. And no, they're definitely not Kinesis or Fikse wheels....but they're not $3500+ either. The reason I got these, was because they also make a 16x8.5 for the rear that I can run my 26x11.5 ET Street's on.

stlblack03 - I'll check a price for you on Monday when I get to the shop. I don't know off the top of my head. As far as wheel hop, I don't know if the Eibachs helped or not....I've never had a wheel hop problem oddly enough.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
TTT - Looking for some more details on these wheels!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts