Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my car fired up again, and it is running like it should. It is not knocking and carrying on like it was before. It must have been one of the tensioners or possibly the cam gear that was not as tite as it should have been. While it was down, i modified my intake (it is definately not a cork anymore) added a Mcleod twin disk clutch, and aluminum flywheel. I also removed the SHM regrinds and went back to stock 99 Cobra cams. I still have a few more things to do and then I can start driving the car again to get some miles on the clutch. I hope to be back at JMS to get a tune sometime in the near future!

Chad:smoker

·
Registered
302 Posts
Congrats! It is always nice to hear that a car gets back together like it should.:D

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RUMOR HAS IT IF IT DOES NOT RUN IN THE 9s KEEP IT OUT OF TIFTON, GA.
So this means you will not be driving your car to town then:confused: :lol :lol

Gotta crawl before you walk son:shootbird

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Chad,

Great to see the beast is running again. I have to ask though, why did you take out the blower cams? What all did you do to the intake?

I just got my ported 99 shortrunner from Boss330 today:D I can't wait to put my car back together!!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got my ported 99 shortrunner from Boss330 today I can't wait to put my car back together!!
Mine is done alot like the one Al did, but somewhat different too... It may or may not work well, we will just have to see.

I took the SHM cams out because I think they are gay :p j/k
I think the stock cams will make plenty of power and takes away another variable of things that could possibly go wrong with your engine.

·
Registered
204 Posts
LOL I got to hear it!!!! My cell phone rings today..its chad..."Brett listen to this" he fires it up!!! HAHAHAHA..it sounded awesome!!! CONGRATS MAN!!! The other reason he took out the cams is because SHM sucks diseased horse balls.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Dont get me wrong, I don't like SHM any more than you guys. I just figured a blower cam would help you take more advantage of your combination.

Oh and that is hilarious about calling people and cranking it up after you get it back together. I did that to about 10 of my friends last time we put mine back together.

Later,
Ashley

·
Registered
141 Posts
Congrats on getting the beast back together Chad. Any chance of your being in Columbus for the Mod Motor Shootout? I sure would like to see your car in person. Better watch out for that Tommy L guy, sounds like he's calling you out, LOL. I've heard from a reliable source that he's packing some pretty big heat himself. Must make a note to stay clear of Tifton Ga., sounds like that's where the big dogs roam. Later, snakecharmr99.

·
Registered
7 Posts
PO BOY

HEY MAN I JUST LIKE HAVING FUN ME & CHAD GO BACK A LONG WAY. PO BOY LIKE ME WITH MY JUNK I WILL BE DOING GOOD TO RUN 10.90 (HA HA)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, what he said....LOL...Talking smack is just all part of it for us! I do want to see Tommy get his going and running good to help me lay the smacking down on these dinosaur motors :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Chad and Tommy, I know you guys are tight. I just thought I'd stir things up a bit. Hope to see you guys in Columbus.

·
Registered
7 Posts
IRS

HEY IF ANYBODY ON HERE KNOW'S OF SOMEONE WILLING TO SWAP A 8.8 FOR A IRS LET ME KNOW MINE HAS ONLY 19,000 MILES ON IT WITH 4.30 GEARS.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Re: IRS

TOMMY L said:
HEY IF ANYBODY ON HERE KNOW'S OF SOMEONE WILLING TO SWAP A 8.8 FOR A IRS LET ME KNOW MINE HAS ONLY 19,000 MILES ON IT WITH 4.30 GEARS.
My dad just sold his 300ZX vert and is in the market for a 98 Cobra. He's into open track stuff more than 1/4 mile and would do it in a heartbeat if he picks a 98 up soon. I'll let you know if he does. (He lives in Sebring, FL)

Darren

1 - 17 of 17 Posts