Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Capital today, opening day. Saw three other 03 Cobras. It was a beautiful day with temps in the 60's. Capital is well known for its lack of track prep.

Ran a 12.72 @ 114.76 with a 2.1 60 ft. Before everyone throws rocks, this was my second time ever at the track and first run under 13.0. Stock tires and all things considered, I was really happy :D :D

No wheel hop thanks to the Amazon/HBH wheel hop kit that Hermann put on for me this week.

Bill

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Nice going Bill. I am sure you will improve from there.

jim v.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I figure with another hundred ponies, I'll be running what I should be running now :rolleyes:

Got my wideband working today, it shows AF in the 11's under full throttle. That's reassuring, the Amazon chip is doing its thing correctly.

Bill

·
Registered
85 Posts
Good job. I won't even post my time because it's am embarrassment to these cars. Though there are reasons for it ;)

·
400 Posts
Very good Bill! Your getting a handle on it. The launch is the hardest to master. You'll chop that down real quick this summer.
You'll have to stop up to Cecil soon while it's still cool.
They really prep the track well.

Rick

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Z20_WHAT said:
Good job. I won't even post my time because it's am embarrassment to these cars. Though there are reasons for it ;)
Hehe, I know exactly what you mean; the two times I've been to the track, I've made serious errors on each run. I'm not exactly a natural at the track :D I'm learning, though!

You asked on the other thread what I've changed; I have an Amazon setup, chip and 2.80/3.10 switchable pulley, Billetflow Idler, Amazon Intake, and Dynomax catback. I had the 2.8 on yesterday. Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk!

Regards,
Bill

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AmazonRacing said:
Very good Bill! Your getting a handle on it. The launch is the hardest to master. You'll chop that down real quick this summer.
You'll have to stop up to Cecil soon while it's still cool.
They really prep the track well.

Rick
Thanks Rick for your support :)

What days/nights does Cecil do test n tune? I'll make a point of getting up there, it is a nice track.

Bill

·
Registered
352 Posts
2kbill said:
Thanks Rick for your support :)

What days/nights does Cecil do test n tune? I'll make a point of getting up there, it is a nice track.

Bill
give us a call Bill..I will be spending all my free time up there..gotta get some seat time in :)

Linn

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That sounds great Linn! It's only about an hour up there. If I duck out a little early from work, I could make it up there for a weeknight. I'll give you a ring.

·
Registered
352 Posts
cool,Bill, Cecil is open on Wednesday nights and it isnt too crowded but I dont know if they are open every week or not yet..

Linn

·
Registered
85 Posts
I need to apologize, it was the Sonic Blue driver that had serious problems and couldn't drive, not the other silver coupe. Just clarifying that from the other post about Capital Raceway :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts