Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the dyno with Nitrous Pete, Hammer and Marlon yesterday. Pete wanted to try out some stuff. He had installed 50# injectors in the car. He brought a bunch of tunes to try. Unfortunately they were all way to fat. The leanest one was below 10:1 all the way up.

In an effort to lean the car up we opened the nitrous bottle and with the smallest jet the car jumped to 560 rwhp!! But it was still to fat!!

We then had a brainstorm, and decided to turn the nitrous off and lean out the car the “high” tech way, by giving it a vacuum leak. I personally closed the valve on the bottle. Next pull, 529rwhp with 594 ft lbs of torque.

One of the guys hanging’ at the shop had a mafterburner. We decided to install it to see if we could straighten out the fuel curve.

We installed it. Unfortunately we didn’t have time after we got it installed to get the fuel curve all squared away. This is no fault of the mafterburner, it is an awesome product. I think I may get one.

Anyway, it was 8:00 pm and the Dyno shop owner was getting calls to get home and we had to cut it short. All in all I think the car can put out 540-550 rwhp and 600 ft lbs off the bottle once the fuel curve is straightened out.

JT

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Wat Ta Go Pete!!

jim v.

G

·
Wish I could have been there guys...but that freakin "Hammer" virus just took me out of commission for a few days.

Congrats Pete !! By the time spring gets here, Pete will have 600hp at the rear wheels I am sure.

Note to self: To make serious horsepower, I need a huge vacuum leak :D

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Shame is no matter what Pete makes .:shootbird
The Nitrous Cloud will be there..

I belive ya Pete!!

jim v.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
It was a great day at the dyno. I also went with Pete and we met JT there.

Pete's new nickname is 'the mad scientist' because of the way he runs around doing things to extract HP out of his 03. Man, it's amazing.

JT, I think that the numbers were 529 RWHP and 596 RWTQ. And, like JT said, at those numbers, the car was still PIG rich and had tons left. He will EASILY hit the 550 RWHP mark when he gets the tune right.

Jimmy: the 'NITROUS CLOUD' is all BS. Those numbers that Pete made were without nitrous. I saw it myself as did JT and others.

He's got the bottle on the car but will only resort to that if "others" don't play fairly.

:D :D

This race coming up should either be STOCK WITH BOLT-ONS or "ALL-BETS-ARE-OFF" anything goes, heads-up, cut-throat racing. I think Pete is prepared for either scenario.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Glad you guys had fun :) I did , I will say this I'm not done, I will dyno again this week , I will call, Hammer ,harry, Marlon ,JT when I run , I need to get the fuel curv at 12.5 this is where I run the good #s I make them fast , Come and SEE :) lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
It was a great time had by all. The numbers Pete put down were awesome(and off the bottle) .We made sure of that. :)
I can't wait to go back and see what they jump up to with the a/f ratio where it should be.

I can say one thing. I'm bringing ear plugs with me next time, that car is loud on the dyno.

Congrats Pete

·
Registered
237 Posts
We're not worthy ...
This will send me back to read your prior posts.
JW

·
Registered
661 Posts
John ,The Nos was dry and only a 20hp-30hp shot. The a/f was strill 10.0 a #26jet. I really want to hit with a 60hp shot. :)
We will next time , Remind me
JT said:
Went to the dyno with Nitrous Pete, Hammer and Marlon yesterday. Pete wanted to try out some stuff. He had installed 50# injectors in the car. He brought a bunch of tunes to try. Unfortunately they were all way to fat. The leanest one was below 10:1 all the way up.

In an effort to lean the car up we opened the nitrous bottle and with the smallest jet the car jumped to 560 rwhp!! But it was still to fat!!

We then had a brainstorm, and decided to turn the nitrous off and lean out the car the "high" tech way, by giving it a vacuum leak. I personally closed the valve on the bottle. Next pull, 529rwhp with 594 ft lbs of torque.

One of the guys hanging' at the shop had a mafterburner. We decided to install it to see if we could straighten out the fuel curve.

We installed it. Unfortunately we didn't have time after we got it installed to get the fuel curve all squared away. This is no fault of the mafterburner, it is an awesome product. I think I may get one.

Anyway, it was 8:00 pm and the Dyno shop owner was getting calls to get home and we had to cut it short. All in all I think the car can put out 540-550 rwhp and 600 ft lbs off the bottle once the fuel curve is straightened out.

JT
:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:
Wish I could have been there guys...but that freakin "Hammer" virus just took me out of commission for a few days.

Congrats Pete !! By the time spring gets here, Pete will have 600hp at the rear wheels I am sure.

Note to self: To make serious horsepower, I need a huge vacuum leak :D
Would that vaccum leak look like 20psi on the vaccum guage? ;)

·
Registered
286 Posts
great numbers pete!! Congrats! Can you post your mods to date or is it top secret for the race? I'm just curious as your car is making some serious hp!!
Leon

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Hey Pete,

I dynoed this Saturday also after installing the following:

- Kook's 1-5/8" longtubes with JDM catted H-pipe
- 2lb Metco Lower pulley
- 100mm idlers
- 3" underdrive alternator pulley
- 50lb/hr injectors
- MAFterburner STAGE2 (previous installed by not active)

Previous mods were:

- 2.93" upper pulley
- 9" powerstack filter
- BBK Twin-65mm TB and custom ported blower inlet
- Magnaflow X-pipe w/cats
- Magnaflow Catback
- Afterburner-eFPC STAGE2
- Diablo Sport chip (low and midrange timing bump only)

Previous dyno results: 475rwhp/482rwtq SAE CF=0.98

New dyno results: 485rwhp/521rwtq SAE CF=0.97

Anyway, I started with the MAFterburner tables zeroed out and the injector settings at 39lb/hr. The run was PIG rich, oink, oink and the car only made about 465rwhp/472rwtq.

I then setup the MAFterburner to perform the injector scaling. Let the car cool a little bit and BOOM: the air/fuel got nice and lean (around 12:1). I then tweaked the bottom end of the curve with the eFPC and was done.

MJ

P.S. I got your email, called your cell, and left a message. Give me a ring.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Well , your making good hp also, THESE CARS ARE SOMETHING
I will have to try your product. sounds great
I got your message, I will call you tomorow, Or please call me @ shop , I know when you fine tune you will pick up alot.
peace

·
Registered
286 Posts
thanks for sharing pete!your car is making some serious HP. congrats!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you have any idea what your car is going to run in the 1/4? When you run it get it on tape. I want to see your front wheels life off the ground!

G

·
If the stock still IRS is in the car , you wont see Pete pulling any wheelies...if so...you might see it and then sooner after hear a big BANG!! or SNAP!! :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts