Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what you can do to lighten your car's weight besides tearing out the interior and stupid stuff like thats

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
You can start by removing the jack and spare, taking the dampner off the rear end, aluminum driveshaft, lightweight wheels, remove sway bars, dyna batt battery, empty winshield washer tank:D That is just a few things off the top of my head!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have did that already, any other ideas besides reacing seats and taking out the back seat and cleaning out the trunck

·
Registered
302 Posts
You can remove the bumpers and just leave the covers over them.. But then again, you are going to say that you want to keep them since it is a daily driver and probably has airbags and that would ruin the safety... :D

·
Registered
885 Posts
Are you wanting to lighten the car just for occasional track use or for "all the time"???

If it's just for the track, you can (temporarily) remove these items:

Rear spoiler (be sure to take the paint off the mounting bolts before trying to remove the nuts or you'll chance snapping them)

Under-hood liner (doesn't weigh too much though)

Windshield wiper arms (again, doesn't weigh too much - but it only takes a few seconds to take them off)

This stuff will cost some $$$:

Replace hood with lighter one

Replace heavy exhaust manifolds with shorty headers

Rear coil springs - replace them with coil-overs if you haven't done so already

Front tubular K-member, A-arms & coil-overs (as mentioned above)
Doing this on my car saved me ~ 70 lbs+

Light-weight wheels (the stockers are fairly heavy)

Light-weight battery (Hawker Odyssey/Dyna-batt/etc)

Any stock stereo components - amps/etc (only applicable if you have installed aftermarket head-unit)

Everything else that comes to mind will certainly affect the "Street-ability" of your car - removing the wiper motor & resevoir tank/air-conditioning/etc...

·
Registered
131 Posts
that said a t45 only weights 109lbs. that wrong or i could just pick it up and walk around

·
Registered
692 Posts
He's had his out plenty of times, infact, he don't even have it anymore, that how/why he weighed it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts