Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to buy the two canton oil filter adapters. The 90 degree and the one the oil filter attaches too. I was wondering if anyone knows what the Canton part numbers are for them for our cars. I got side tracked having a son and we went to put the K-Member in yesturday and well we for got a few parts this being one of them.

· Registered
5,238 Posts

· Registered
5,238 Posts
Is this it?
Ford Racing M-6881-C - Ford Racing Water Inlet/Oil Filter Adapters - Overview - SummitRacing.com

How does it work compared to the remote location ones that canton sells.
Yes that is the item.

It works by removing your stock oil cooler/oil warmer assembly and giving you a 2" water inlet to the block. Jameshell has an excellent thread about the piece and how he redesigned his factory cooling system. I did the same as James did on my car and my brothers. Very clean setup and should work very well at keeping our engines cooler.

· Registered
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes that is the item.

It works by removing your stock oil cooler/oil warmer assembly and giving you a 2" water inlet to the block. Jameshell has an excellent thread about the piece and how he redesigned his factory cooling system. I did the same as James did on my car and my brothers. Very clean setup and should work very well at keeping our engines cooler.
This one here http://www.modularfords.com/f17/simplify-your-cooling-system-160562/

I am not sure I under stand what it does. I am installing the maximum motorsports K-member and need to relocate my oil filter to ease changing and be able to run a full size filter. Sorry for the stupid question. I am on very little sleep.

· Registered
5,238 Posts
The way James redid the cooling system eliminates the thermostat on the lower rad hose and also removes the bypass line(you know the line that runs from the coolant cross over tube down to the thermostat housing to allow coolant to circulate through the motor until it reaches temperature and opens the t-stat to allow flow into the radiator)

The system stock will have coolant try to flow through the radiator while the engine is warming up and then it will dead head on the bottom radiator hose when it reaches the t-stat which is closed. So that is why there is a bypass line from the coolant cross over tube down to the factory thermostat housing so flow can come out the heads and enter back into the lower rad hose to feed the water pump again.

Big problem with our stock cooling system is the factory oil cooler setup is a very small ID and restricts flow back into the block. Evans designed a system similar, but there setup didn't remove the bypass line and I much prefer the t-stat housing James and Ed found.

Does that help Josh?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.