Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea what I could get for my car? Has 3500 miles and everything listed below. Never raced (1/4 mile, etc.).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Probably 28k, MAYBE 30k if you find the right buyer. Mods don't really add anything to vehicle value.

Why would you get rid of a car you've obviously invested a lot of money in? You're gonna take a pretty big wash on that guy.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Unfortunately your mods will only matter to someone who cares about them and right now I am seeing stock cars bring in the mid 20s wholesale, so use that as a guide.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
My experiance is,,Better to get as many mods off as possible..
Unless you have Potential buyer who knows you and your car and willing to give you some percentage of what the mods are worth.

·
Registered
52 Posts
An 03 with 6500 miles, stock sold from a private party for $29,500 out here about a month ago (South West.) Since the 2004 build may be small for these cars, they will most likely retain good value after a year or two, and if the economy rebounds.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Mods are an advertisement for potential buyers that the car's been whooped on.

Take them off and sell it BONE STOCK in order to maximize the resale value of your car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everybody. All good counsel. I appreciate it.

Hermann, I don't think I'm going to unload my baby... I was curious what the deal might be. I'm remotely entertaining the idea of using my bonus check to go the Porsche (gasp) route... but I'm having a hard time swallowing the notion of 2+ times the car payment for a slower, albeit pretty freaking nice, car. I gotta swing by and get the tensioners installed, but Crofton is a mini-haul for me given my current work schedule (which makes it hard to run out for a sandwich, much less cruise up to my favorite Mustang shop) so I'm not sure when I'm going to make it... but it will be sooner rather than later.
P.S. If you know anyone who might want to buy a Hermann-tuned 03 Cobra, let me know! Although I'm thinking "keep it" at this point.

OK, now everyone can pound on me for mentioning the German word....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm currently in the market for a used '03. I plan on doing the basic mods eventually, so your mods certainly wouldn't detract from the value for me. I'm looking at a stock '03 for $27k, but like I say, I will at least be doing the normal bolt ons anyway. do you have any 1/4 mile times on the car? I gotta be in the 11s, or my buddies will beat on me pretty bad.

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oops...sorry...just caught where you stated car has not been raced. Anyone know what kind of time should be expected on a good track with good driver and DRs with his combo?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
RossGN said:
Oops...sorry...just caught where you stated car has not been raced. Anyone know what kind of time should be expected on a good track with good driver and DRs with his combo?
That setup should run 11's easy, maybe low 11's with a skilled driver.

Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts