Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my car dynoed, finally, after the headswap, and the wideband said I was running rich. Judging from the a/f readings would the mafterburner be a wise investment?
here's my combo, its fairly basic:

'01 PI heads (box stock)
'02 PI intake
k&n air filter
mac high flow cats
steeda t/a (15 degrees base)

stock headers, stock fuel system (rails, pump, etc) stock maf

here's the dyno sheet, thanks guys:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Quick4.6 said:
I recently got my car dynoed, finally, after the headswap, and the wideband said I was running rich. Judging from the a/f readings would the mafterburner be a wise investment?
here's my combo, its fairly basic:

'01 PI heads (box stock)
'02 PI intake
k&n air filter
mac high flow cats
steeda t/a (15 degrees base)

stock headers, stock fuel system (rails, pump, etc) stock maf

here's the dyno sheet, thanks guys:
Hey,

A MAFterburner would allow you to flatten out that air/fuel curve and shift it leaner for more power. See website for more information. URL is in signature.

MJ

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Bigscott said:
Now that sounds scary!
Why? He's running pretty rich up on the top end.

MJ

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you are going to listen to ANYONE about the MAFterburner, it should be MJ. Trust me on that.

MJ,

It looks like I am going to be getting another MAFterburner, not from SHM, but from Shawn Ellis. I am letting him have a crack at tuning my car and he wants that MAFterburner to help him out. Now I wish I had never returned it, then I would not be hating SHM right now. When is the new "upgraded" version coming out? The one with the timing control as well? I figure I will wait for that one. Oh, and are you still putting together a wide band O2 setup? I am really interested in that as well.

Derrick

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
01BlownGT said:
If you are going to listen to ANYONE about the MAFterburner, it should be MJ. Trust me on that.

MJ,

It looks like I am going to be getting another MAFterburner, not from SHM, but from Shawn Ellis. I am letting him have a crack at tuning my car and he wants that MAFterburner to help him out. Now I wish I had never returned it, then I would not be hating SHM right now. When is the new "upgraded" version coming out? The one with the timing control as well? I figure I will wait for that one. Oh, and are you still putting together a wide band O2 setup? I am really interested in that as well.

Derrick
Hey Derrick,

The timing tuner (officially called the ETA) will be out before summer time. The datalogging wideband is on the back burner.

Shawn's a good guy. He'll do you right. There is no "upgraded" mafterburner coming out anytime in the future.

Best,

MJ

·
Registered
132 Posts
mjchip said:
Hey Derrick,

The timing tuner (officially called the ETA) will be out before summer time. The datalogging wideband is on the back burner.

Shawn's a good guy. He'll do you right. There is no "upgraded" mafterburner coming out anytime in the future.

Best,

MJ
MJ,

So the ETA is separate from the MAFterburner? That is good; I can but the MAFterburner now then. I am really thankful that you are producing these wonderful products for us. I will definitely get the ETA to go along with the MAF, but the wideband O2 would be nice too (hint, hint). Thanks again!

Derrick

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
01BlownGT said:
MJ,

So the ETA is separate from the MAFterburner? That is good; I can but the MAFterburner now then. I am really thankful that you are producing these wonderful products for us. I will definitely get the ETA to go along with the MAF, but the wideband O2 would be nice too (hint, hint). Thanks again!

Derrick
Hey Derrick,

Yes, the ETA is going to start out separate from the other products. However, once it is done ALL of the technology is going to be combined into a piggy-back fuel/spark management computer.

Cheers,

MJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts