Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still running the stock pulley and tune with only the mods listed in my sig. Just wondering what Denso's I should get if I were to swap out my plugs? What should they be gapped to?

U.M.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Stock Heat Range is IT16's.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
I wouldnt waste money on denso myself, go with a good copper plug.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, so IT16's are the same heat range as the stockers. GAP at 0.040" is still the recommendation?

U.M.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Uncle Meat said:
OK, so IT16's are the same heat range as the stockers. GAP at 0.040" is still the recommendation?

U.M.
I beleive they are the same heat range as the agsf22's but not all 03's came with them. Mine came with 22's but last time I checked with ford they recommended agsf12's which are a step colder than the 22's. :shrug

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shadowgray03 said:
I beleive they are the same heat range as the agsf22's but not all 03's came with them. Mine came with 22's but last time I checked with ford they recommended agsf12's which are a step colder than the 22's. :shrug
So are you saying I should go with the IT20's versus the IT16's?

U.M.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Uncle Meat said:
So are you saying I should go with the IT20's versus the IT16's?

U.M.
Im still trying to formulate a decision on this very question myself so Im not trying to tell you to go one way or another. All I trying to do is share some knowledge so you can make a better choice for yourself. I have seen at least 2 different plugs in 03's and I have heard other say there are actually 3 different plugs that came in them. Mine came with 22's and if you call ford now they say to use 12's. I have heard from one tuner that he felt 12's were too cold. Denso says to go one range colder per 75-100hp over stock. I just pulled my 12's and 2 of the 8 were fouled so I dont know if it was due to them being too cold or not? I replaced them with some autolight copper plugs and will check them this week to see how they look. I had IT 24's in my car for a while and it stumbled bad, but I had an exhaust leak too and a slow to respond O2 sensor so not sure if it was the plugs or not, I changed to the agsf12's at the same time I replaced O2 and fixed exhaust leak.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm currently running TR-6's, damned if I remember what series my stock plugs were though. It was a 2nd run Cobra if that helps. I should be getting my snake back from the dealer today or tomorrow (head swap). They installed a set of JBA shorties while the motor was out. I was thinking about pulling the TR-6's and replacing them with Denso's.... I guess I'll need to look at how the old plugs are burning before making any changes...

U.M.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
My Cobra came with 32's,,Then Ford went to 12's then changed again to 22's

From Cobra Spec Sheet::

Engine Ignition
Ignition timing 10 degrees BTDC ± 2 degrees non-adjustable
Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8
Spark plug gap mm (in) 1.32-1.42 (0.052-0.056)
Spark plug type AWSF-32EE

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
My Cobra came with 32's,,Then Ford went to 12's then changed again to 22's

From Cobra Spec Sheet::

Engine Ignition
Ignition timing 10 degrees BTDC ± 2 degrees non-adjustable
Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8
Spark plug gap mm (in) 1.32-1.42 (0.052-0.056)
Spark plug type AWSF-32EE
Dang, .052 seems like a huge gap for a blown engine doesnt it?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts

Stock only 7.58 Boost, but it does seems like a wider gap then most would use..

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:

Stock only 7.58 Boost, but it does seems like a wider gap then most would use..
Isnt that the same gap for all the other stock mod motors?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Shadowgray03 said:
Isnt that the same gap for all the other stock mod motors?
YEAP!

·
Registered
758 Posts
The 03 Cobra came with three heat ranges of plugs, AGSF-32/22/12s. Mine came with AGSF-12s. I now run IT-24s with no problems. I also run a Plasma Booster.

AMB

1 - 17 of 17 Posts