Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!!!

Yes, we have HEAVY snow fall right now and they are calling for 2-4" in my neck of the woods and 6-12" just 50 miles north of me.

I must say that it's been a GREAT season so far this year for muscle car enthusiasts. Record-breaking snow fall and just as the warm weather hit we have had nothing but rain...every weekend, etc.

So now the car will hibernate in the garage until the snow has melted and a few good rains wash away all the salt on the road.

Who knows? Maybe by August we will get lucky with the weather and be able to make a few trips to the track.

·
Registered
53 Posts
just when we thaught it was gone for the year, BAM!, another storm comes in.

oh well, my POS is junk right now anyway. im not racing it again until its dyno'd and tuned. let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

-Mike

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
I can sympathize Hammer, we had the crap your getting a few days ago here in Minnesota. Damn I wish spring had sprung already.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey Hammer, that 6-12" North of you would be me :) How lucky we all are. This has been the worst winter ever. My 03 is now once again tucked away in the garage and not coming out until this snow goes away. I HATE THE SNOW:banghead :damnit
MATT

·
Registered
674 Posts
I feel your pain.

Here in Iowa, we are having the usual "spring" weather...last wednesday (4/2/03), record high of 84 degrees...monday (4/7/03), forecasted record low of 19 degrees with 6-8" snow! WTF! :confused:

I've had to put away the Cobra and start driving the g/f's Mazda until the weather breaks. :(

·
Registered
661 Posts
Sonw ! what is that , Hey how do you guys think I feel after making 30lbs of boost and now I cant test the car . . :mad:
I have 6 new files to try , and I am stuck home:confused:

·
Registered
684 Posts
well i had to take the cobra to work since my beater needs new front brakes. can't wait to drive home with my nice Nitto DR snow tires. at least i only live across town. THIS SUX THIS SUX THIS SUX THIS SUX. if jersey didnt have such good food among other things, i would be in florida right now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
hey Pete, i saw you sitting along the roadside yesterday at Atco.

i guess you didnt want to sit and wait 3-4 hours between runs like i did... smart move bro, smart move!

they were having a Stock/Super Stock show, that was cool, i love watching those guys launch whhels-up... but throw in the 5,643,524 Jr.Dragsters and motorcycles that were there, uggg!

it was a loooonnnngggggg day.

-Mike

·
Registered
244 Posts
96blkcobra said:
81° and cloudy down here in GA :p
Man that is a tease.,.lol.,.But actually so far I have to say I didn't get as much snow as they said we would. The roads are just wet. But none the less, this weather still sucks.
matt

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
96blkcobra said:
81° and cloudy down here in GA :p
Georgia has the good weather because it's the heartland.

They call it the heartland because the brain isn't there.

DOH
:shocked

·
Banned
572 Posts
AutomaticWeapon said:
hey Pete, i saw you sitting along the roadside yesterday at Atco.

i guess you didnt want to sit and wait 3-4 hours between runs like i did... smart move bro, smart move!

they were having a Stock/Super Stock show, that was cool, i love watching those guys launch whhels-up... but throw in the 5,643,524 Jr.Dragsters and motorcycles that were there, uggg!

it was a loooonnnngggggg day.

-Mike
Yeah i pulled in seen the lanes and said f- this
pulled right back out

friday looks like shit too
maybe this sunday ?

sd

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yeh, the weather is pretty bad out west too:eek:
To be honest, I don't see any of the so called "clouds" that the weather channel is talking about:confused:
:D
:banggears
Darren

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I felt compelled to throw in my 2 cents as this subject was near and dear to my heart as I spent nearly 3 hrs getting to work today here in the Motor City. As usual it didn't start until I had to go to work. I just drove my Cobra yesterday and now back to garage it sits. At least I see I'm not alone. What happened to global warming?????

·
Registered
229 Posts
Today, here in Ventura County, just north of L.A. on the coast in Cali, it will probably total a 1/4" of rain. This may be it for the year. It has rained maybe twelve or fourteen days this winter.

Life is hard, and then you move to California. And you end up lined up next to a guy with a 96 GT with one of John Colletti's secret weapons under the hood. I would have beeen embarrased if I had lost to Darren, but the 01 Cobra motor he hides in there would have eased the pain a little.

Now we wont mention the bad assed little SVT Focus with slicks who had me by .4 in the 60' and I missed running him down at the top by .05. That still hurts.

·
Registered
385 Posts
03_Sonic_Blur said:
Today, here in Ventura County, just north of L.A. on the coast in Cali, it will probably total a 1/4" of rain. This may be it for the year. It has rained maybe twelve or fourteen days this winter.

Life is hard, and then you move to California. And you end up lined up next to a guy with a 96 GT with one of John Colletti's secret weapons under the hood. I would have beeen embarrased if I had lost to Darren, but the 01 Cobra motor he hides in there would have eased the pain a little.

Now we wont mention the bad assed little SVT Focus with slicks who had me by .4 in the 60' and I missed running him down at the top by .05. That still hurts.
:D
Hopefully this AWFUL downpour will let up soon:D . I'll be heading out to Carlsbad on the 26th if its dry. Do you plan on going anytime soon? I just installed Lakewood 90/10s and 4cyl Fox springs up front (Pics here). That should get me into the 12s:)

Also, I got my hours back up at work, so the 4:30s might come sooner than planned. Those should be fun:shocked

Darren

·
Registered
229 Posts
Darren,

if I am anywhere on the 26th, it will be the Fast Ford Weekend at Famoso in Bakersfield. I am sure the track will stick better than Carlsbad, and it should still be cool enough to run a number.

My number is going to be twelve. I hope to finally get a run on a prepped track that is under 1000' elevation and a launch pad stickier than my garage floor.

Until then, my best was a 13.18 at C-Bad, with a 2.2 60'. I am so tired of spinning at the launch, I'll risk my clutch next time out.

See you at the races!

John

·
Registered
302 Posts
I can say very gladly that I haven't seen rain in almost two weeks!! it has been beautiful sunshine and about 80 degrees for a week and a half.. was a little cloudy this morning, but perfect by noon.:D I hate to rub it in.. but FINALLY! it isn't me complaining about the weather.:shootbird

1 - 20 of 22 Posts