Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What did everyones 03 Snake dyno when it was bone stock? Paper filter and all? Dyno charts would be great. I'm trying to convince my friend that the 03s are under rated. He keeps bringing up the 99s:rolleyes:
Thanks guys!

Darren

EDIT: Also, what were your stock 1/4 mile times?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine dynoed 374 rwhp and 352 rwtq

The torque was slightly higher in other runs, but not much.

Attachments

G

·
Those numbers are in the right area..a KOM dyno'ed at 380 RWHP(Rear Wheel HorsePower) too, totally stock

These numbers equate to roughly 425 Horsepower at the crank. Like most cars are rated from the factory. So yes, they are underrated bigtime.

Hot Rod(underrated my whole life)Harry :D
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just dynoed mine on Saturday. 3rd pull was 376rwhp and 366rwtq SAE. Mine is stock down to the paper filter and silencer. 1740 miles on the clock. YDH1 code.

One thing that I have seen in the dyno's is some people call Stock removing the silencer or having a K&N. That is not stock especially on these cars. Every really high 385+ dyno I have seen that claims they were stock have all messed with the air filter or box.

It is my opinion that anything over 370 rwhp SAE on a dynojet on a truly stock 03 is a strong car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
BAD PNY said:
I just dynoed mine on Saturday. 3rd pull was 376rwhp and 366rwtq SAE. Mine is stock down to the paper filter and silencer. 1740 miles on the clock. YDH1 code.

One thing that I have seen in the dyno's is some people call Stock removing the silencer or having a K&N. That is not stock especially on these cars. Every really high 385+ dyno I have seen that claims they were stock have all messed with the air filter or box.

It is my opinion that anything over 370 rwhp SAE on a dynojet on a truly stock 03 is a strong car.
You're probably right about that one. Mine still had the stock paper air filter in it on the 380 run. It picked up 24 RWHP with the Densecharger to 404rwhp SAE. Standard number was 414 RWHP with the DC. Needless to say, I was ecstatic with the results since I've seen MANY cars with CAI, X-pipe, and exhaust put out less HP than that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
See sig.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Man mine must be a dog 360 hp 362 tq when stock YDH0 computer. Joe

·
Registered
277 Posts
Never enough. :mad:

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Forgive me for all the silly questions guys but im new to the stang world and actually this is the first manual trans vehicle I have ever owned. Anyway, when you guys are doing the pulls on the dyno am I coreect that your doing them in 4th to get the 1.00 ratio?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Shadowgray03 said:
Forgive me for all the silly questions guys but im new to the stang world and actually this is the first manual trans vehicle I have ever owned. Anyway, when you guys are doing the pulls on the dyno am I coreect that your doing them in 4th to get the 1.00 ratio?
Yes, fourth.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts