Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a C4 to convert my car from 5spd to auto. I just wanted to know what driveshaft you guys are using.

Thanks
Alain

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SO I have to add the spacer since the C4 is shorter. Wont that kind of be dangerous on high HP cars. Hmmm I have a couple yokes from a fox and modular motors along with driveshafts so I guess will just measure. Really not to fond on spacer.
Alain

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I always ran the same driveshaft when I went C4 with my 91. I had no spacers or any problems. I am not 100% sure but I think the amount of splines is the only difference between the two:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think you're right. I only reused mine because it was a lot cheaper just to replace the yoke instead of buying a new driveshaft. I don't know about fox body cars, but when I took the manual tranny out and put in the C4, the C4 took about 3 inches off, hence my need for a spacer. I took a friends 89 driveshaft and put it in and it was too short as well.
I even had to make an S bracket out of 1/2" steel to get the C4 to work with the stock tranny mount. I've been using this setup for about a year and constantly checking everything and "so far" I haven't seen any signs of trouble.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I bought the fox driveshaft, but it was still a bit too short. I then bought the steeda spacer, but didn't care for using a spacer so I had a DS made. I would say just get one made, it isn't much more expensive than the fox one anyway.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I make over 1000 HP and use a FMS Aluminum shaft for a 87-93 car with no spacer. Works fine for me...

·
Registered
1 Posts
badfoursixgt said:
I make over 1000 HP and use a FMS Aluminum shaft for a 87-93 car with no spacer. Works fine for me...
i wanted to start with about 800hp. wondering how much stuck out of trans? mines in thje car, but i didnt measure. id guess the yoke to be 4" long, and i got mine in 1/2 way? id like to measure the amount i have hangin out, but i dont know how long the yoke is on the frpp aluminum driveshaft. i was going to get a spacer, but i was leary about using it....wondering how much you had yoke into trans with 1000hp?

and im using a tranbrake, and leaving at 4000? rpm, im not sure about your set up. any info appreciated, thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts