Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had detonation problem and it turned out to be bad fuel. I had my problem with Amaco.
2 Friends also had the same problems..One useing Sunoco 94 and the Other useing Exxon..
I guess it's not a brand problem.It is the individual station cheating with lower octane fuel sold as premium.
Is there a way to check the fuel before we fill up.Is there any brand we can trust??

jim v.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Jimmy, I wouldn't say that it is a fuel station selling something lower than posted, versus the sorry winter-blend fuels that are being used during this time of year. Winter-blend fuels react much like using a lower octane fuel.

If you can, shoot in a few gallons of 100 octane during the winter and that should cure your issue.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Jim,
I would ask to see the records of the deliveries of the stations you would like to use. I would, and do, look for a service station that has a lot of turnover.

My theory: more turnover, fresher gas....

But... I also have about 10 cans of Torco Accelerator on hand..... just in case.

Ben

G

·
Just go to a good speed shop....most of them sell VP racing fuel....in 5 gallon containers ...102 Octane Unleaded...and I use the 112 Octane Leaded (No cats/sensors off) Just mix that with some Ultra 94 Sunoco and its awesome! Thats what I am doing now....smells real good too :D

Harry

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
As Ben said the Torco Acclerator works like a champ.I used it in a headswap car(10:5.1) with 14 psi of boost and never had detonation.We even ran a 100 shot of nitrous on top with out a problem..

Jimmy,get ya some of it,mix it to 97 or 100 octane level and your detonation will be a thing of the past.Its unleaded,takes 1 qt per fill up..

Tim

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Where is a good place to find out all about torco?

Where to buy? Is it safe for Cats? How much mixed with how much fuel for a given octane?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance.

JT

·
Registered
38 Posts
JT said:
Where is a good place to find out all about torco?

Where to buy? Is it safe for Cats? How much mixed with how much fuel for a given octane?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance.

JT
JT - Torco products are good - here is something i found works well

http://www.amsoil.com/products/aob.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts