Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just some minor changes to the forums....

Is there something you don't like?

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Yeah. the moderators are jerks.

:D :D :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

gary

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
> Is there something you don't like?

I'll try and get acclimated before making comments, suggestions.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
ox03 said:
> Is there something you don't like?

I'll try and get acclimated before making comments, suggestions.
No need, man. Just PM Matt (Moonlight) or me with anything you have to say. It's all taken constructively and we want to know where everyone's at...no joke.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
My 2 cents - SSOTN advertising in a ModularFords.com Moderator's sig is confusing. The two sites aren't affiliated, to my knowledge.

On a personal level, I'd rather not be reminded on a daily basis of SSOTN. I have a feeling there are others that feel the same way. Obviously it's your .sig and your choice.

Bill

·
Registered
191 Posts
2kbill said:
My 2 cents - SSOTN advertising in a ModularFords.com Moderator's sig is confusing. The two sites aren't affiliated, to my knowledge.

On a personal level, I'd rather not be reminded on a daily basis of SSOTN. I have a feeling there are others that feel the same way. Obviously it's your .sig and your choice.

Bill
And I have a feeling you all have the wrong idea about SSOTN. You can form your own opinions.

This site was started by SSOTN members. About 75% of the people here came from SSOTN.

There is no advertising involved, SSOTN makes no money. So what would be in it for us?

You can always turn sigs off in your preferences. ;)

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
I realize what happened at SSOTN left a bad taste in your mouth and alot of the other 03 guys that came over at that time. I have been friends with Matt over a year now and my brother and Matt have been friends even longer than that. Matt is a fair guy, and he will do an excellent job as moderator.

SSOTN is a totally different kinda of site than ModularFords. ModularFords.com is not a club, just a technical site for the Ford Modular Engine. We are all friends here guys!

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Matt (Moonlight96GT) is a member of SSOTN as well as ModularFords. And other users here are members of SSOTN as well. Additionally, many users here are members of SVTPerformance. There is nothing wrong with being a part of mutliple sites.

The disagreements at SSOTN were an unfortunate chain of events but that does not change the fact that they are an excellent website and dedicated to Ford enthusiasts...just the same as the other sites. We should ALL support and applaud such causes.

As far as Matt's signature, I don't see anything wrong with it. Remember the purpose of this forum: free flow of information. If a user has parts listed in his signature that other users don't like, should that user remove those items from the signature? Of course not.

We preserve the freedom of this forum so that we can discuss anything - including competing vendor parts. So how are Internet sites any different? The nice thing about special-interest Internet sites is that you don't have to 'buy' one only - you can have all of them if you like.

If the web site is going to allow and even encourage free information flow about all vendor parts (which is why we like it here), then it is respactable for the web site to "put it's money where it's mouth is" and allow references to other similar sites to exist.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I agree that anyone should be able to promote whatever they wish in their .sig, thats why I said so in my previous post.

Eric - thank you for your explaination, now I understand. I'm sure Matt will do a good job as moderator.

Hammer - you have a future in politics. :)

Bill

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
2kbill said:

Bill
Hehehehe.. Bill, from now on, I don't make a move without consulting with the "ModularFords.com Consigliere". He controls the strings. I guess it's working.

·
Registered
191 Posts
2kbill said:
I agree that anyone should be able to promote whatever they wish in their .sig, thats why I said so in my previous post.

Eric - thank you for your explaination, now I understand. I'm sure Matt will do a good job as moderator.

Bill
Bill,

Put it this way, SSOTN and ModularFords.com are like brothers, both great sites with great people. Especially at SSOTN, we are a huge family and the members take anything that is said about our family to heart. You guys will start to feel that here as well. Jim V, John and I started SSOTN 4 years ago and couldn't have asked for better members.

Hopefully get to meet you if I haven't already. I know their were a lot of 03's at this past SSOTN Fall Nationals that I didn't get to meet personally.

Matt

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Okay I can't take it anymore.

Matt, I'm sure you are a nice guy but..

1) I've learned, in order to spend my time posting on a message board, I need to trust the moderator.

Since you are the webmaster for the site that totally f'ed over me and the rest of the '03 Cobra owners, I don't have any trust in you. Whose to say you weren't a big part of the reason we got booted over there. I don't want to spend time posting here when a month from now one of the moderators ( read you) decides to throw Bullits or Lightnings into this forum. Don't bother telling me you won't, because I won't believe it. You know the saying, fool me once...

2) I don't want a moderator who I don't trust (see above), moderating my posts where he clearly will have a conflict of interest.

Suppose a new guy comes here and asks about SSOTN. I want to be feel free to respond with a post that says what a bunch of hypocritcal assholes they are without a) you moderating my post or b) posting in the same thread that you will post in with a "moderator" tag, and SSOTN in your sig, making me look like the hypocrite. The post would say I think the SSOTN guys are hypocrites but I'm posting in a forum moderated by their webmaster???

3) Suppose an SSOTN guy comes here stirring up a little trouble. I want a moderator that has my back, not the SSOTN webmaster.

As previously posted, anytime I see anything about that supposed club, my blood pressuer goes up. A supposed club, who totally f'ed up their new memebers forum without asking them about it. A supposed club that screwed over one of their founding members and a very good friend of mine, by changing something he spent a lot of time on without consulting him.

If I were you Matt, I wouldn't have that SSOTN stuff in your sig. The company you keep reflects on you. And in that case very negativley. The fact that you are still a card carrying member of that club, and their webmaster says it all to me, that you didn't step up and keep our forum over their from getting ruined and you must not have a problem with what went down. Then you start posting all that family crap. If you treat your family the way that club treated me, the '03 guys and a guy they have known for years and years, Jimmy V, I don't want to be a part of that family. I really don't want to be associated or moderated by someone that treats their family that way either.

Are things really so slow over there since we left that you want to come here and be the moderator?

Again no flame, but you as a moderator here is at best a very poor idea. The fact that this thread even got started highlights why it is no good.

JT

·
Registered
721 Posts
JT said:
Okay I can't take it anymore....

Are things really so slow over there since we left that you want to come here and be the moderator?

JT
Slower than a Chevette running on 3 cylinders! There's been about 6 new posts made since the "Meltdown".

U.M.

·
Registered
191 Posts
JT said:
Matt, I'm sure you are a nice guy but..

Thanks, I'm sure you are too.

1) I've learned, in order to spend my time posting on a message board, I need to trust the moderator.

Since you are the webmaster for the site that totally f'ed over me and the rest of the '03 Cobra owners, I don't have any trust in you. Whose to say you weren't a big part of the reason we got booted over there. I don't want to spend time posting here when a month from now one of the moderators ( read you) decides to throw Bullits or Lightnings into this forum. Don't bother telling me you won't, because I won't believe it. You know the saying, fool me once...
First of all, I didn't make the changes over at SSOTN. I may be the webmaster, but I don't make the rules, ask anyone. No one f'd you over, you "chose" to leave, you weren't booted. Jim is still a "card carrying member" of SSOTN, just not on the staff. I may be a moderator, but have no power to make any changes to the boards, only can move/delete/lock.

2) I don't want a moderator who I don't trust (see above), moderating my posts where he clearly will have a conflict of interest.

Suppose a new guy comes here and asks about SSOTN. I want to be feel free to respond with a post that says what a bunch of hypocritcal assholes they are without a) you moderating my post or b) posting in the same thread that you will post in with a "moderator" tag, and SSOTN in your sig, making me look like the hypocrite. The post would say I think the SSOTN guys are hypocrites but I'm posting in a forum moderated by their webmaster???
I don't think you or I(or SSOTN) are hypocrits. One person made a change over there and you guys flipped, that is fine, you can do what you want. What went on behind the scenes is really none of your business. You know what they say, everyone has opinions, you are entitled to yours.

3) Suppose an SSOTN guy comes here stirring up a little trouble. I want a moderator that has my back, not the SSOTN webmaster.

As previously posted, anytime I see anything about that supposed club, my blood pressuer goes up. A supposed club, who totally f'ed up their new memebers forum without asking them about it. A supposed club that screwed over one of their founding members and a very good friend of mine, by changing something he spent a lot of time on without consulting him.

If I were you Matt, I wouldn't have that SSOTN stuff in your sig. The company you keep reflects on you. And in that case very negativley. The fact that you are still a card carrying member of that club, and their webmaster says it all to me, that you didn't step up and keep our forum over their from getting ruined and you must not have a problem with what went down. Then you start posting all that family crap. If you treat your family the way that club treated me, the '03 guys and a guy they have known for years and years, Jimmy V, I don't want to be a part of that family. I really don't want to be associated or moderated by someone that treats their family that way either.
I will have no problem getting your back if you need it. Like you said I'm sure you are a nice guy, and I am. Ask anyone, even Jim V!

No I didn't change it back, because it's not my call, Sorry. You ask Jim how he is treated by ME. Jim is like my father, but that is not really any of your business. He was at my wedding 2 years ago, we are great friends and it will stay that way.

Maybe you don't know the entire truth about why the change took place, maybe you would feel differently, maybe not. That's your choice.

I've been here since before you guys came over to SSOTN, and will stay here.

Again no flame, but you as a moderator here is at best a very poor idea. The fact that this thread even got started highlights why it is no good.
You are entitled to your opinion.

Matt

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Moonlight96GT said:
Thanks, I'm sure you are too.

First of all, I didn't make the changes over at SSOTN. I may be the webmaster, but I don't make the rules, ask anyone. No one f'd you over, you "chose" to leave, you weren't booted. Jim is still a "card carrying member" of SSOTN, just not on the staff. I may be a moderator, but have no power to make any changes to the boards, only can move/delete/lock.

I don't think you or I(or SSOTN) are hypocrits. One person made a change over there and you guys flipped, that is fine, you can do what you want. What went on behind the scenes is really none of your business. You know what they say, everyone has opinions, you are entitled to yours.

Matt
I can't believe I'm talking about this crap a month after it happened.

How can SSOTN not be hypocrites? 1 guy made a change without talking to the guys that it would affect the most. When the corral split their modular forum into soch and doch, at least they asked if people who used the forum if they liked it the new way and offered to change it back if they didn't. Ironic that a supposed "club" that claims to be superior to the corral would do such a thing. All this crap about, "we are a club", then one guy makes a change? What kind of club is that? I know of no real clubs that are a dictatorship.

As far as the '03 guys leaving, why would we stay? We were treated like squaters over at SSOTN, imo I had no choice, I'm not staying were I am not wanted. The fact you are implying that the '03 guys overeacted is just another reason you should not be a moderator here.

SSOTN is a little clique of guys that have no clue, if I wanted to be moderated by one of their members I wouldn't have left their site.

You should make a choice, moderate here, or webmaster/moderate there.

JT

1 - 20 of 27 Posts