Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What heat exchanger is everybody going with?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I am looking at an HE a fellow Cobra owner named Gordon is putting on the market. Looks to be very nice. No modification of the front bumber required either. He let me know that his kit would come with all the stainless brakets and plumbing and still be cheaper than what everyone is else is doing. I am waiting for him to get back to me with more info, but I do have a few pics that he sent....

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
I hope that Gordon doesn't mind the advertising, but I think this might provide a great alternative to the current solution. Something I can do without a torch too! ;)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has he given a price for the kit yet?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Me too. I'm going with Gordon's heat exchanger as soon as they get 'em ready.

MJ

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
predator:

Where can I get that HE what all comes in the kit. I need one as soon as possible and if it sells for 400 Im in. I need one bad so i can start driving my car. thanx Eddie venmousracer

·
Registered
79 Posts
AFCO is releasing one through JLP.
The test car (Brad Biri's silver coupe) won the street class this weekend. It also fits the car with no cutting, and they've seen "50 degree inlet temp decreases". I hope to test one of these in the next couple of weeks. I'll try to report back with some of my own data.
Jamie

·
Registered
250 Posts
Venmousracer said:
predator:

Where can I get that HE what all comes in the kit. I need one as soon as possible and if it sells for 400 Im in. I need one bad so i can start driving my car. thanx Eddie venmousracer
As soon as I know something I will post.....or maybe he will.

·
Registered
79 Posts
JT said:
Jamie, Sounds good.

Are the '03 results posted anywhere?

JT
JT,

I assume you are talking Bowling Green 03 Results? I don't think the results were put up during the weekend - we'll probably have to wait until the dust settles at NMRA central. I had to get Rick to the tower Sat night to help "tech" the qualifying ladder, because we (tower workers) weren't sure who was running what for tires.

I know Richard Lelsz/Ken Biscamp won the slick class and Brad Biri won the Street tired. Joe Charles won the Mach I street tired class.

We had about the same turnout as in 2002, but there were probalby 60 '03s in the pits and in the parking lot - seriously! It is obvious that the national spotlight intimidates most folks with these cars. [Remember how Hammer looked getting his trophy on the starting line last year? :vomit: ]

I'll try to get the results put up on the NMRA site and link to that.

Late,
Jamie

·
Registered
191 Posts
I talked with the JLP guys about their New '03 Cobra HE and they said price should be $419 and they should have them in stock in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
ALLNTRL said:
I talked with the JLP guys about their New '03 Cobra HE and they said price should be $419 and they should have them in stock in 2 weeks.
JLP has this one on his site, but it doesn't say if it is for the 03 Cobra or the Lightning. There site really sucks as far as details go.

I just found a link that says it is for both.

·
Registered
191 Posts
toofast4u said:
JLP has this one on his site, but it doesn't say if it is for the 03 Cobra or the Lightning.
I just found a link that says it is for both.
Same one can't be for both, JLP had two different Heat exchangers at BG and the one for the Lightning was 3-4" taller.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Here is a pic of the AFCO unit installed. Not the best pic, I'll try to get a better one.

AFCO said a 30 minute bolt on and all that will be needed is coolant. We will do a little testing on Dr. Meyer's car and see what kind of gains it provides on the dyno. When I get a chance I'll do some back to back runs at the track and see if my times fall off. It should show less drop off with the 2.9 + 4lb lower combo I am running.

Something interesting is that they commented that a bigger IC pump may actually benefit the larger HE because of its increased efficiency. They noticed about a 50 degree drop from inlet to outlet of the HE while in boost.

Attachments

·
1st Whipple in the 10's
2,685 Posts
IF gordon or any one see's this i would like a PM if you could of how to contact him and get more info or stay up to date on the HE

thanks alot

Jeff

·
Registered
374 Posts
His email is [email protected]

He sent me this email last week..

"I still need to confirm pricing on the core supply but it should be approx. $400 plus shipping for the HE, new mounting hardware and hoses and fittings plus instructions in a complete kit. Availability will be in two to three weeks with a number ready to ship then.

I will Email you again re further details as soon as confirmed."

1 - 20 of 58 Posts