Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
too early to tell for me but with stock inj/maf, kb @9psi and no chip i was at 456rwhp sae. While testing tunes, I hit 457rwhp at approx 4600rpm and approx 500 rwtq so its on track to be near 600rwhp with a proper tune.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Shadow how was your A/F was that before the leak? I was wondering if the 13# would fly until the predator comes out or I will just get the 9# for now. I am going to 17# after I get the predator or a chip.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i need to see if i can get the a/f charts from diablo so you guys can see why the increased fuel..different massair etc. arent needed mike

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
toofast4u said:
Shadow how was your A/F was that before the leak? I was wondering if the 13# would fly until the predator comes out or I will just get the 9# for now. I am going to 17# after I get the predator or a chip.
Not sure, I am assuming its been there all along. With KB at 9psi it drops to 11.5:1 at redline, I dont think I would go any higher without a tune.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
What type of leak did you have shadow??

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
P0153 DTC. Ive been searching high and low for why I couldnt get my A/F right. Then last friday on the way home from work the car threw a P0153 (is slow O2 response from bank 2 sensor 1). I hooked up the autotap and drove around a while monitoring the voltage on the O2 sensors. Bank 2 sensor 1 spent the magority of its time above .5v which indicates a rich condition and in turn I am sure the EEC tried to correct it by running leaner.

I started with MAP gas all around intake/blower to look for a vacuum leak and found nothing. Then I crawled under car to check for damage 02 sensor wires. The code says it could be bad O2 as well as possibly a MAF but I wasnt going to go that far until I was sure other issues were covered. I then fired up the car and crawled back under it and sure as $hit I had an exhaust leak on the front end of the drivers side cat. The clamp wasnt fully compressed so I cranked it down as tight as I could but couldnt get it to seat 100% and there is a small leak still. I ordered some 3" wide strap clamps from dynomax/walker and will put them on when the come and see if I can get the leak sealed, I bought 4 of the clamps so I can put them on both ends of both cats just to make sure there are no future leaks between the O2's, if a leak can cause you to run lean, it would be a very bad thing when pushing high boost. Once I get that done I will get back on the dyno and see what happens with my A/F.

On a side note, the car has been bucking. Especially noticable when trying to maintain a steady speed at 1700rpm or so. It would also sputtered a couple times upon startup when put into gear. At first I figured my plugs were too cold so put in some hotter plugs (but still a step colder than stock) and it helped a little. After tightening the existing clamp and greatly reducing the exhaust leak car became even more stable (ie less bucking) and it seemed to have a bit more low end grunt as well. It would seem that this little leak is the crux of my A/F probs trying to run 17psi and I sure hope it is, I should know more nest week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts