Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in the market of a new throttle body and was wondering from anyones experience what choice should I make. I am taking money into consideration but my main concern is Power. Which one will make the most noticable power differece? The three I was thinking about were the Accufab, the Billetflow, and twin 65 BBK. Accufab and Billetflow claim 25 rwhp, and the BBK apparently claims 35 rwhp. Can anyone verify this especially the 35 rwhp cause that sure is a lot for just a throttle body? Thanks I appreciat any help.

Brad

·
Registered
117 Posts
The Accufab T/B output 20rwhp and 19rwtq. My mods at the time were: Magnaflow x-pipe & catback, 2.80 pulley, K&N filter, chip.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Someone did a test with the accufab vs the billetflow. They were like 1hp/tq different. Cant go wrong with either. I think the Acc is a little cheaper, but BF can personalize yours. I have a BF(hopefully on the way back Doug?). I dynoed 440 with tb, catback and cai so it helps.

jason

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks, a couple more questions who sells which? and what are the prices on both? Isnt the Accufab though better quality or same?

Thanks again;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't have either to use as a point of reference, but from everything I've read it seems that you can't go wrong either way. Someone did a side by side comparo a few months back on svtperformance and said that the billetflow was generally a nicer design but that they were both quite nice. The accufab is a bit cheaper. I'm personally planning to purchase the billetflow setup sometime over the summer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The good folks at South Florida Pulley sell both types. They had a special going on the Accufab, I am not sure if it is still on. They have been great to deal with. Fast response to your questions. Shiiped the product out fast as well. Give them a try.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry about that. Didn't know that South Florida doesn't carry the B F. If you want the Accufab, which is a great throttle body give them a call. I purchased the polishesd plenum version, It really looks nice under the hood. You will definetley feel the difference between the stock TB and the Accufab.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would second everything Night said above. Terry at South Florida Pulley HQ was fantastic to deal with and shipped my Accufab TB and plenum the same day.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Night Enforcer said:
The good folks at South Florida Pulley sell both types. They had a special going on the Accufab, I am not sure if it is still on. They have been great to deal with. Fast response to your questions. Shiiped the product out fast as well. Give them a try.
Night Enforcer, we sell only Accufab Throttle Body & Plenums now, for all 03 Cobra's and also the Accufab Lightning Throttle Bodies.

We are going to continue the Accufab Sale we had a couple of weeks ago. To all of our customers who want to purchase one of these units for their 03 Cobra's , we are offering a FREE Set of 8 NGK TR6 Sparkplugs, or your choice of either a FREE 160 or 170 Degree Performance Thermostat until June 1st.

http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/cobra_products_accufab_tb.htm

Hope this helps, as for all those interested, please email me privately at [email protected]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can any of you guys running/selling these TB's tell me if the advertised RWHP rated gains are for Cobra's that are stock or modded with exhaust, CAI, Pulley and Chip or just an exhaust and CAI like the thread originator asked about ? I can't see spending that kind of bucks for a performance gain of just 5rwhp for instance. Now if you can give me 20-25 rwhp, thats another story. Also does anyone know if the swapping out of TB's will void a waranty ? That little statement in our warranty coverage booklet sure can cover a lot of ground for a dealer hell bent on jerking your chain. Thanks for the input guys !!

·
Registered
418 Posts
blucobra03 said:
Can any of you guys running/selling these TB's tell me if the advertised RWHP rated gains are for Cobra's that are stock or modded with exhaust, CAI, Pulley and Chip or just an exhaust and CAI like the thread originator asked about ? I can't see spending that kind of bucks for a performance gain of just 5rwhp for instance. Now if you can give me 20-25 rwhp, thats another story. Also does anyone know if the swapping out of TB's will void a waranty ? That little statement in our warranty coverage booklet sure can cover a lot of ground for a dealer hell bent on jerking your chain. Thanks for the input guys !!
http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/cobra_products_accufab_tb.htm

·
Registered
40 Posts
wyd_trkr, I appreciate the link but that still does not answer the question. Is that rwhp rating advertised on a stock Cobra or modded and if modded, what mods ? Also, I would still like someone to respond to the warranty question please ;)

·
Registered
418 Posts
blucobra03 said:
wyd_trkr, I appreciate the link but that still does not answer the question. Is that rwhp rating advertised on a stock Cobra or modded and if modded, what mods ? Also, I would still like someone to respond to the warranty question please ;)
blucobra03, the numbers shown on our website are actual Dyno RWHP. Also for warranty purposes only, it would depend on your dealership, as to what they would or would not say to scare you from modifying your vehicle.

This is why we have the SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) for, to give us rights to modify our vehicles within reason, as to Not Void out any Factory Warranty, without just cause. Meaning that the aftermarket product, did in fact, cause the failure of any given factory part that would have to be replaced, because of the aftermarket part, causing the failure of a factory part. Hope this helps.

G

·
Here are 2 dyno sheets that were run at Mustang Magic
http://www.billetflow.com/joedynosheet2.jpg
http://www.billetflow.com/maloneydynojetsheet.jpg

And here is what he had to say and others

COBRAJIM9999
I was invited to go to Mustang Magic by Jimmy Vaccaro to help see how well the new Billet Flow throttle Body had on my 2003 Cobra Mustang.He told me he wanted to see what the throttle body did on a mostly stock car. Right now my car is stock with the exception of a FRPP FR-500 exhaust and a K-N fiter. People on the internet have stated that on a stock car the throttle body did not give any meaningful improvements.We will soon see what the real deal was. When I got there my car got pulled into the shop and the process began. They took off the stock throttle body ang began to install the new piece. The first thing that is apparent is how nice the piece looks. You can see your reflection in the throttle plate on the new piece and secondly how much larger the elbow going into the supercharger is. You also notice on the outside of the housing there is a little indent so that there is room for the vaccuum line which is a nice touch. When they finished bolting it on the throttle body has the name cobra etched in theoe allowed me to view the complete 2nd dyno run with the throttle body and the 4th dyno run without it some observations became apparent. First the overall gain on my car was around 13rwhp and torque about 11ft/lbs. However the gains were not just at one rmp. The increase was accross the board and the gain was higher than that as some point. I first wish to thank Doug from Billet Flow for sending out a throttle body so that he could prove the worth of his product without any bias and secondly to Joe at Mustang Magic to allow me to see how my car responded to the changes and of course Jimmy Vaccaro for the invite. On my way out they were getting ready to try the throttle body on Joe's the owner of Mustang Magic. He also has a 03 Cobra but has a chip and pulley and the results should be even more interesting on his modded car. I had a great day playing with the Cobra.

HIGH ROLLER
How does it idle in neutral? I just installed mine and it wants to idle at 1200rpms for 20 seconds or so than slowly drop back to 700rpms.Any suggestions on how i can fix mine would be appreciated!

COBRAJIM9999
It idled perfectly on my car so I can not be of much help there though. However when they put the stock piece back on my car started to surge but they moved the TPS a bit and it seemed to go back to normal. If I were you lossen the screws and move it a bit and see if that helps you out.

Jim Vaccaro
Jim..so you got 15 rwhp peak and 13rwhp and 11ft lbs across the board??

That TB sure is preety..
Well written Post Jim...Made me feel like i was there

[email protected]
No Drama, it's an awesome product

The BilletFlow is really a nice piece of work, it was quite the conversation piece at work. We all sat around trying to figure out the tooling required to make all the machining operations. Overall, everyone was in awe of the high level of workmanship. This is a design to be proud of.
GOOD WORK!

-Jon

drove Joe from Mustang Magic's car today with the Billet Flow TB.It is smoother,no idle or drivability issues.
He got 12rwhp and 11 ft lbs with the addition of the Trottle Body.
Jim Maloneys car gor 13 rwhp and 11 ft lbs .
So Billet flow is 2 for 2.
Joe has Matt's(MATSTANG03) car with 280 pulley and 2lb lower to also try the Billet Flow TB on Friday

More testing comming.
Jim Maloney's Post
http://www.superstallions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2344

Jim V.

Jon
I just recieved my BilletFlow TB/Intake this afternoon.

The workmanship is outstanding, really. It's almost a crime to put this assembly underhood, it's the sort of machinary the Harley crowd would be happy hanging off their engines in full view.

As an accomplished engineer of hundreds of mechanical designs I can confidently say that this TB/Intake was made with great care and attention to quality.

I have modest HP expectations. I know there are cheaper ways to build power on these cars, I just wanted to try something different.

Installation will follow in the next week or two and I'll let everyone know the results.

[email protected]
BilletFlow is actually the one who made the T/B's for BaBolt. They do make an excellent product.

We will be carrying Accufab T/B's and the plenum's in the future. :confused:

Desertracer

I received an Accufab throttle body and power inlet last week and installed it over the weekend. I was surprised that no instructions or manifold gasket was included in the kit. I emailed Accufab and I was told that I should be able to re-use the gasket. There was no mention of instructions. Even though I was careful removing my old throttle body, etc. the gasket was still slightly torn. I plan on installing a new gasket from Ford and then adjust idle, etc. with Doug's instructions for Billetflow throttle body setup that I got on another message board. The purpose of this post is that I am not a mechanic, and I appreciate good customer service and support after I have purchased a company's product. Rick at Amazon Racing has been a great help with installation of Metco lower pulley, chip, etc. that I purchased from him. This support means more to me than the cheapest price available. The Accufab throttle body is a very nice piece and I am sure that I will get it setup correctly, but if I did it again I would order the Billetflow because I know that Doug would talk me through the setup if I had problems.

AmazonRacing

As a Billet Flow dealer I can tell you Doug has an excellent product. It's complete, extreme high quility, and has excellent instructions. To me selling a product that's incomplete or has poor quility is not worth it or fair to the customer. This is why I sell Billet Flow.

By the way in a recent MM&FF issue there was a shoot out between two of the fastest 2003 SVT Cobras on the planet

BOTH were running BilletFlow Throttle Body and Plenums:shootbird:shootbird

BTW: guys, we charge just alittle more but we also go to all the NMRA races and help people out...it costs alot of money to go to the races... ask yourself how many races you have seen the other vendors at.

Hope this Helps

·
Registered
286 Posts
does anyone have any 1/4 mile improvement #'s on either of these t/b's? I'm sure they are similar, and everyone says the sotp is much improved but i was just curious if it translated on the 1/4 mile as in et or mph?
Leon

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.