Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the forum and its been good here.What lower control arms have the best results for 1/4 mile performance???thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
There are so many choices! Do you want solid bushings? or Poly?
here are some brands I have personally used and like. I recomend Poly bushings for a street car.
J&M Products
Steeda
Baseline suspensions

This should get you started to see what is out there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im aware of those brands I havent heard anything good about the j&m lowers.But i have the southside machining lowers thier something like the megabite Jr. and their not working as well as i expected.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Your also going to need a set of adjustable shocks. What do you have now for suspension? We need more info. Is it a 5 speed? Slicks? DR's? Street? Strip?
FWIW J&M Weight jackers are good pieces and have a nice 3 piece bushing design.

Here is what I'm using for my suspension maybe this will help.
(Front)
Lakewood 90-10 Struts/ UPR Coil-Over Springs(150 Rate)/ Fox Body A-Arms
HPM Caster Camber Plates/ Stock "K" Member
(Rear)
Baseline Suspensions Upper Control Arms (Street Launch PL#1)
J&M (Pro-Race) Weight Jacker Lower Control Arms
Tokico Illumina 5 Way Adjustable Shocks/ Stock Springs
UPR Anti-Roll Bar/Kenny Brown Super Subframe Connectors

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I own a 96 cobra so far my mods are pulleys,steeda cold air,bbk 65mm throtel body,msd coils&wires,bassani off road xpipe,pro 5.0 short shifter,billet steel fly wheel,centerforce clutch,pro 5.0 3.90 gears,steeda uppers,and stroked .20 over,mild port and custom cams.Thats why all i need good lowers I have slicks i have eibach springs and im going to install 50/50 on the front and 10/90 in the rear.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have had 3 different suspensions in 10 years.
back in the day Steeda adjustable uppers and fixed aluminum lowers (Poly) with ford "B" springs, Tokico 5 ways, stock sway bar. The "B" springs lowered the car just enough so the suspension geometry was close.
Car hooked better than good. I got lucky and did not know it.

2nd suspension was UPR adjustable uppers and lowers (solid). "B" springs tokico 5 way shocks. UPR Anti Roll Bar. (Removed rear sway bar) Kenny brown super sub frame connectors.
I couldn't seem to get it dialed in with the exception of 1 day. That went on for 2 years. The solid CA's were noisy. Just the wrong application for me. Nothing bad about UPR.

What I have now is Baseline Suspensions Upper Control Arms (Street Launch)
J&M (Pro-Race) Weight Jacker Lower Control Arms and Tokico Illumina 5 Way Adjustable Shocks with Stock Springs. UPR Anti-Roll Bar and Kenny Brown Super Subframe Connectors. I have a ton of adjustability and the car hooks awesome.

I would like to see you get a coil over kit for up front. 150 rate springs seem to be streetable with the 90/10's. You will need CC plates too.
Note: un hook one side of the Anti Roll Bar for street use!
No one CA will make your car hook. It's going to come down to a complete package.
Shock adjustment, Spring rates, and the angles of the upper and lower CA's is the name of the game. Check out baselinesuspensions.com and just read for a while and see if it makes sense.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help I went with the mega bite jr. lowers.The reason was I did some reserch and found they helep u lower ur 60ft. times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts