Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to the board but have been surfing it for awhile.

anyways, I'm buying a 03 cobra next week, and I am already mod hungry. I haven't dealt with a modular motor yet so any advice is appreciated. I'm not new to mustangs, I have a 90 lx with a injected 408 that I'm giving to my brother, but blowers and OHC motors are new to me.

What should I do to the car?

Blower Pulley. Idler pulley, full exhaust, heat exchanger? What works? Car will be street driven mostly. 3-4 days a week so reliability is a must (as well as warranty) but so is 450+rwhp.

any help greatly appreciated

matt

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you are concerned about your warranty - hold off on the pulley and chip. My top three mods are cold air intake, exhaust, and shifter. Cost is about $1k or less if you do the work, and will put you around 420 rwhp or more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why hold off on the pulley and chip? aren't those easily changed out in the event of taking it to the dealership?

i'm not trying to be a smart ass at all, friends that are mechanics have done stuff like that with their cars before. would ford be able to tell?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
one more thing?

what ring and pinion?

had 4.10's in my other stang, is that too much gear for the 03.

·
Registered
50 Posts
They mark the pulley, and the computer to tell if they have been tampered with. The reps Ford has been sending knows how to spot a pullied and chipped car that has been put back to stock. The risk, of course, is all yours.

As for the gears, I have heard most say 3.90 is best for the track. But if I was going to swap out my gears, I would go with 4.10's. The 3.90's are to similar to stock... Just my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts