Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2.80 pulley
all the pulley goodies, plugs, belt, idilers...
AR cai
magnaflow catback
diablo chip

are all my current mods. What should I get next accufab tb and inlet or the magnaflow catted X. Eventually I want to get the KB so I might wait for long tubes. I was thinking TB next, what do you all think? Also with the 2.80 pulley and stock mid pipe, will I lose some boost but gain some power if I get the TB? I hope the boost goes down and power goes up, but am I correct in this assumption. Then later, when I add exhaust, the power will increase but boost will decrease, right?

·
Banned
3 Posts
Most people have said that they have only gotten 10 or so horsepower from the TB and inlet. That, to me, does not justify paying $700.

If you want to spend that kind of money get the Bassani Mid- length headers and gain 30-40 horsepower. They will also be a nice compliment to the KB later on.

Also, if you plan on doing headers later on then I would not get an x-pipe just yet. Reason being the x-pipe may not be compatable with the headers that you choose and you will have waisted $400. I think the Bassani x-pipe is compatable with thier headers but don't quote me on that. If so i would get the Bassani x-pipe and later when you get the KB add the headers. Just my opinion.

Sorry, i can't help you on the boost / power issue.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Blown03 said:
Most people have said that they have only gotten 10 or so horsepower from the TB and inlet. That, to me, does not justify paying $700.

i know i got more than a 10hp increase with mine.i have not dynoed my car yet but i feel like i have gained 20 hp with the tb/power inlet.and it got a good measurement tonight as i ran a buddy of mine in his stock 03 cobra from a deadstop he got me on the launch 1 1/2 car length thru first gear 2nd gear gaining some ground back 3rd gear pulling really hard and pass by like it was stopped.i have not done the 1/4 mile yet but i know his has run 12.6's @111.9-113 mph all stock and he has a nice cobra and knows how to drive it:D

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey, sorry I couldn't stick around last night! Which one did you run, the silver one? What time did you go at? Are you going to be out again today? I will probably head out there later tonight, 400 or so till whenever. Hope to see you out there.

·
Banned
3 Posts
i know i got more than a 10hp increase with mine.i have not dynoed my car yet but i feel like i have gained 20 hp with the tb/power inlet.and it got a good measurement tonight as i ran a buddy of mine in his stock 03 cobra from a deadstop he got me on the launch 1 1/2 car length thru first gear 2nd gear gaining some ground back 3rd gear pulling really hard and pass by like it was stopped.i have not done the 1/4 mile yet but i know his has run 12.6's @111.9-113 mph all stock and he has a nice cobra and knows how to drive it
You may be right. Like I said it's just what I've heard most people say. I was talking to a guy last night who has this set up. He said that the throttle response is better and the boost kicks in alot quicker. He really couldn't say how many HP he's gained because he hasn't dynoed. I would still be kinda reluctant to spend $700 without seeing some actual dyno numbers. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Yeah Jim's car (Wuplash) has way more topend that is for sure, I would get out and stay out for a bit and then he would be pulling up and rolling by, evidentally the Accufab and inlet coupled with the Amazon kit are worth quite a bit over my stocker!! Anyone get hard results on the accufab, I am guess with the throttle body and inlet and Amazon kit he is making 25-30 rwhp on me! Sound about right!

·
Registered
132 Posts
00SVTdubs said:
hey, sorry I couldn't stick around last night! Which one did you run, the silver one? What time did you go at? Are you going to be out again today? I will probably head out there later tonight, 400 or so till whenever. Hope to see you out there.
yep i will be out there today.with the warm weather we should see some nice cars driving around.and it was the silver one i ran last night.also thks for showing the vid clips of the various exhaust systems and drag runs of those cars it was awesome especially the one with the 2.80 pulley :shocked

1 - 8 of 8 Posts