Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about going w/ no cats on my car, considering I have been hearing a lot about cats going bad, and not to mention my driver side cat has also went bad. So i want to know what you guys suggest.
I am thinking about either an off road X or H-Pipe, or a MAC prochamber. What are you thoughts guys?

Matt

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have had a few different kinds of X-pipe's on my 03 and by far I like the Dr. Gas offroad X-pipe the best. :king

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
about bad cats.......

Just so everyone knows, i had a cat go bad too on my bassani x, they now have a much improved cat that i installed on my car with excellent results! If the cat just failed and blew out bassani said they would credit the money back that i paid! Hats off to them for that effort!:D

·
Registered
521 Posts
matstang03 said:
I have been thinking about going w/ no cats on my car, considering I have been hearing a lot about cats going bad, and not to mention my driver side cat has also went bad. So i want to know what you guys suggest.
I am thinking about either an off road X or H-Pipe, or a MAC prochamber. What are you thoughts guys?

Matt
Matstang, which catback do you have? Thats gonna make the choice easier. Manaflow and Bassani sound good with the O/R X-pipe. Where as the Borla stinger sounds good with the H-pipe. My setup is entirely too loud. I run the Borla Stinger with a JDM O/R X-pipe. I'm gonna have to do something, and will either go with a catted X, or try to weld in cats on the exsisting X. Not sure what else to do to lower the volume level.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: What should I go with?

03snake said:
Matstang, which catback do you have? Thats gonna make the choice easier. Manaflow and Bassani sound good with the O/R X-pipe. Where as the Borla stinger sounds good with the H-pipe. My setup is entirely too loud. I run the Borla Stinger with a JDM O/R X-pipe. I'm gonna have to do something, and will either go with a catted X, or try to weld in cats on the exsisting X. Not sure what else to do to lower the volume level.
I have the magnaflow catback exhaust on my car. I think the O/R X-pipe is the way to go like you mentioned, it should sound sweet :)

matt

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
I got tubes with my bassani catted x that can be used in place of cats so if my cats die then I will just put in tubes. I already have the heat sheild rattling terribly on one of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts