Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now need to order some custom wheels for my '97 GT project (i need special offsets to fit correctly). I'm on the fence about what wheel and tire size to run for street use. This is a fair weather and weekend car with 600 rwhp, Wolfe rear, AJE front, dbl adjustable coilovers all around. Should I go 315/35's on 17x11's or restrict myself to big's 'n little's (28" tall rear on 15x10). I also need to know what coilover spring rates to match the wheel and tire selections (I have 275# fronts and 175# rears but I can exchange). I'd really appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!

Tanguy

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would consider Fikse wheels, but if you're on a budget which it doesn't seem like you are, go with something else. They offer some of the nicest wheels made and are custom made to your needs. They are a three piece design and they offer any offset you need. Fikse is in the racing wheel market, which means the prices are out of the range of most, but the wheels are very light (they use an aluminum center hub). Take a look at their site, www.fikse.com. I personally like the FM/5's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've always loved Fikse's but the price is a bit steep for not knowing how their larger diameter wheels will work with my drag suspension. I know that bigs and littles are what would compliment the car the best. I may spring for the Fikse's or Forgelines if 17x11's end up being the size I go with. Sizing is more the issue here than the manufacturer. Thanks for the input!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts