Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size pully/ chip combo would net the most power with the mods I have currently, without belt slippage? and what kind of #'s can I expect with this mod? Thanks in advance:D

Jayson

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
This is a tough question to answer.

How much HP do you want, and how much money to you have?

Seems like everyone has some boost drop. It seems no one knows for sure when/if belt slip occurs.

My personal opinion is, without heroic measure a 2.93 (what I have) does have some slip. At least I have more boost drop than I can attribute to efficiency issues.

I think the smallest upper that won't slip is a 3.1.
I think the 3.1 , while it will eliminate belt slip, does not turn the blower quite fast enough. I think a 3.1 upper with a 2 lb lower would be ideal. If you go that route, and have the interchangeable lower, it wouldn't be that expensive to buy the 4# and 6 # rings to see if they do perform any better.

I have a webpage that shows why my personal opinion is that more than the 2# lower with the 3.1 upper is counterproductive.

http://users.erols.com/drfunky/pages/BoostHP.html
then again, i could be wrong. :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good info Jt, thanks a bunch. How much boost are you running with the 2.93? Oh and to answer your question, I'm looking for the majic 500/500 number.

Jayson

1 - 4 of 4 Posts