Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has a 04 Mach1 auto, and was asking me what would be some good mods to do for him. So far he got a JLT intake, hes getting the exhaust just doesnt know what to get?, hes suppose to be getting some steeda UDP from summit tomorrow. I told him i thought it would be a good idea to put some 4.10s in and that would make a big difference? and maybe a tuner after that, any suggestions? thanks

·
Snake Bitten Moderator
1,625 Posts
he is putting under drive grenades....ooppss, i mean pullies on his Mach????!!!!
tell him if he puts u/d pullies on his Mach, his next mod will be a new motor, so start saving!!!!!
seriously, u/d pullies cause excessive harminics on the front of the crank and the oil pump doesn't do so well at dampning, HE WILL SHATTER HIS OIL PUMP GEARS AND MOTOR WILL GO BYE BYE BEFORE HE EVEN KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!! for real brotha......tell HIM STOP!!!!! its not a matter of if they will shatter with u/d pullies.....its a matter of when!!!!!!!!
as far as further mods..... we would need to know more about what he wants out of the car. he can just go straight to go fast and bolt a s/c on...... he could cam and spray it..... he could turbo it if he likes..... but he should forged the bottom end before he gets serious. there are so many possibilities. who's doing the work? if he isn't, then he better have a big wallet..... there is so much for him to learn. he should talk to a reputable shop in his area and go from there..... this ain't no job for a rookie!!!!
i'm not tryin to sound like and ass, forgive me if i do, i just don't want to see him destroy his car cause he didn't know.
want more facts.... check the M1registry!

·
Registered
430 Posts
If its an automatic, I'd get the tuner to get the improved shiftpoints, and with the intake and exhaust he should be happy. Of course mine's a 5speed 3650 and thats all I have and I'm happy, but I have other parts that I need to get on there. I also here a shifter is a good first mod...but he has an automatic so I dont really know how that all works.

FCK tell him to google Hellion :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he is putting under drive grenades....ooppss, i mean pullies on his Mach????!!!!
tell him if he puts u/d pullies on his Mach, his next mod will be a new motor, so start saving!!!!!
seriously, u/d pullies cause excessive harminics on the front of the crank and the oil pump doesn't do so well at dampning, HE WILL SHATTER HIS OIL PUMP GEARS AND MOTOR WILL GO BYE BYE BEFORE HE EVEN KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!! for real brotha......tell HIM STOP!!!!! its not a matter of if they will shatter with u/d pullies.....its a matter of when!!!!!!!!
as far as further mods..... we would need to know more about what he wants out of the car. he can just go straight to go fast and bolt a s/c on...... he could cam and spray it..... he could turbo it if he likes..... but he should forged the bottom end before he gets serious. there are so many possibilities. who's doing the work? if he isn't, then he better have a big wallet..... there is so much for him to learn. he should talk to a reputable shop in his area and go from there..... this ain't no job for a rookie!!!!
i'm not tryin to sound like and ass, forgive me if i do, i just don't want to see him destroy his car cause he didn't know.
want more facts.... check the M1registry!
yes i understand what your saying i had some UDP's on my 2V GT, i will tell him its not a good idea but he probably wont listen. i keep telling him to join some forums to learn about his car but, he doesnt think he needs to so i figured id do some research for him. I should have been more specific i meant what could he do just bolt on mods, nothing FI to exspensive, thanks for all the help so far i will tell him the UDP's are a bad idea

·
Snake Bitten Moderator
1,625 Posts
yes i understand what your saying i had some UDP's on my 2V GT, i will tell him its not a good idea but he probably wont listen. i keep telling him to join some forums to learn about his car but, he doesnt think he needs to so i figured id do some research for him. I should have been more specific i meant what could he do just bolt on mods, nothing FI to exspensive, thanks for all the help so far i will tell him the UDP's are a bad idea
the difference between u/d pullies on a 2v vs a 4v is huge. the 4v turns higher rpm's than a 2v. crankshaft harmonics on a stock 4v bottom end are rediculous @ 7000rpm's.
just trying to stop catastrophe from happening!!!!

other than that....just put full exhaust on it, cai, tune it, and change his rear gears!!! then go have fun.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the difference between u/d pullies on a 2v vs a 4v is huge. the 4v turns higher rpm's than a 2v. crankshaft harmonics on a stock 4v bottom end are rediculous @ 7000rpm's.
just trying to stop catastrophe from happening!!!!

other than that....just put full exhaust on it, cai, tune it, and change his rear gears!!! then go have fun.
ya even with the my 2V they UDP's are no good i guess, when i took it to the shop when i 1st got it they recommended i took them off asap, but ya thats what i told him to do, if he puts some 4.10's in there it should really wake that car up imo, thanks again for the help

·
Registered
618 Posts
A Nazty Ported Intake will increase power all across the power band!

With the Auto Mach and thier cast crank I would keep the massive stock damper.

Gears! 4.10-4.30!

Naz

·
Registered
27 Posts
A Nazty Ported Intake will increase power all across the power band!

With the Auto Mach and thier cast crank I would keep the massive stock damper.

Gears! 4.10-4.30!

Naz
4.10`s,a good converter (3600), full exhaust, a great tune and 1 of Naz`s PSR intakes with a little nitrous and it`s a 10 sec car:rock:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah i Pullied my 03 Auto Mach 1 and i am paying the price now (motor is almost dead), all because i didint know. I have a programmer on mine i changed the shift points on mine and that made a huge difference and put 3.73's in the rear. Tell your budy to get a bigger tranny Cooler he is going to need it BADLY! I whent through a tranny already but had it overhauled (Warranty Covered it) ahaha.

PM me if you need more info. I know Auto mach's pretty well as i have payed the price on lack of knowledge but i know now learned the hard way sadly, just dont want this happening to other people.

Like SpeedofSound said tell your bud NOT TO PUT THE PULLIES ON!! DO NOT!!! thats all i can say about that.

·
Registered
148 Posts
4.10`s,a good converter (3600), full exhaust, a great tune and 1 of Naz`s PSR intakes with a little nitrous and it`s a 10 sec car:rock:
If you want to put a 3600 stall your going to have to build the tranny completly or it's dead. And most important as i have learnd a HUGE tranny cooler!!

And NOS will kill your motor, remember us Auto Mach's are not forged sadly.

Sorry BAD03dsg not to put you down or anything. Just my 02.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i dont think hes going to get a tranny cooler and i dont think he believed me about the pullies he said they wouldnt make them if they wouldnt work, i tried telling him but idk, thanks for the help

·
Registered
148 Posts
well i dont think hes going to get a tranny cooler and i dont think he believed me about the pullies he said they wouldnt make them if they wouldnt work, i tried telling him but idk, thanks for the help
Ok How about this, i know this is sad but i cant help it, how about we all take a guess on how long this dude will be back here wondering why something whent wrong. I really hope i'm wrong an nothing bad happens.

But if i had to guess i would say 8 months if the car is daily driven. Any other guesses??:dunno2:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok How about this, i know this is sad but i cant help it, how about we all take a guess on how long this dude will be back here wondering why something whent wrong. I really hope i'm wrong an nothing bad happens.

But if i had to guess i would say 8 months if the car is daily driven. Any other guesses??:dunno2:
haha i wish he would listen but hes an idiot, he said he was going to look into more just to make sure

·
Registered
174 Posts
If he drives it like an old lady he should be fine. Keep it well under 6500 RPM.

·
Snake Bitten Moderator
1,625 Posts

LOLOLOL....i'm in

i'll say 6 months...LOLOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you want to put a 3600 stall your going to have to build the tranny completly or it's dead. And most important as i have learnd a HUGE tranny cooler!!

And NOS will kill your motor, remember us Auto Mach's are not forged sadly.

Sorry BAD03dsg not to put you down or anything. Just my 02.
No problem Ruben03.

I`ve had the stall in my car for about 1 year now with no problems and it`s a DD. I`ve also made about 35 NOS passes without any problems. I know our autos are cast cranks, but with a 125 shot , gt fuel pump and a good tune I see no problems with it. My car has been 10.90`s through stock manifolds and 10.70`s with ARH long tubes, driving to and from the track. Maybe I`m just lucky? Pullies are a big no no due to harmonics .:tip:

]

·
Registered
148 Posts
No problem Ruben03.

I`ve had the stall in my car for about 1 year now with no problems and it`s a DD. I`ve also made about 35 NOS passes without any problems. I know our autos are cast cranks, but with a 125 shot , gt fuel pump and a good tune I see no problems with it. My car has been 10.90`s through stock manifolds and 10.70`s with ARH long tubes, driving to and from the track. Maybe I`m just lucky? Pullies are a big no no due to harmonics .:tip:

]
That is amazing dude. I never thought i would see the day of that happening. All the internals are stock? I'm shoked! Congrats! How many miles does your car have? Do you have a Stall on it? I have always wanted to put NOS on mine but never thought it would last. Well i know now it wont my motor is pretty mutch dead at a young age to 75k miles and limping :cry2:. All because i didint know about the pullies fu**en shit up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has about 48k on the clock. The stall has been in the car for about a year now. It`s a Edge 3600 single-disk. No trans work, still factory internals with a B&M cooler.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know it`s not much to look at, but this is my car with the stock logs, 3600 converter MT ET drags and a 125 shot on 2/08. It would leave pretty hard. I haven`t had a chance to upload the 10.69 pass with the long tubes yet. My 60ft dropped from a 1.59 to a 1.49 with the LT. It doesn`t want to run on the other end to well, but that`s because it`s unlocking the converter at the 1000 ft mark ( something in the tune I need to work out ). Still more in it when I get this worked out. Not to bad, for a stock cast crank long block Mach.:good:

·
Snake Bitten Moderator
1,625 Posts
THATS ONE HELL OF A BAD ASS PASS BROTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

solid for sure..... i wish i would have seen a 10 second slip before my engine rebuild. i'm building it now, but my best to date is an 11.01 @ 122. 10's sure woulda been nice...... oh well, i know i'll see 10's when i'm done.....just woulda been nice to do on a stock short block.

BAD ASS PASS THOUGH FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts