Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is down right now, needs paint and rear end rebuilt. My questions are, should I go with the factory color (bright atlantic blue) or maybe flat black to go with my nickname ( Adam West, so they call me Batman)? Flat black would be easy, quick, and cheap, then I could just spray it blue later on when money is a little more free. Also, since I need new bearings and clutches in the rear end, should I just go ahead and get a set of lower gears while I'm in there? I want to switch to a 5.4 a little later, and maybe swap to a 5 speed, so should I just go with 3.73's? I need input!

·
"Do Work"
1,646 Posts
If you are staying N/A, I recommend a set of 4.10's or 4.30's. If you plan on doing a supercharger/nitrous, I would run with a set of 3.73's.

If I were you I'd just keep the car the original color IMO. Mine as well replace the rear gears while you fix the rearend, tackle it all at once.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Listen to the man above me.
He speaks the truth. The paint needs to remain factory or your resale value will suffer.
The Blue is a sweet color, no need to change in my opinion.

He is also dead on , with the gear info as well.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I would stick with your stock color. Switching colors is just going to drive up the cost if you want it done right because you have to paint things like door jams and what not. I would swap out the hood for a cowl or termi hood also.

·
Registered
492 Posts
well it also depends on whether he wants to retain some gas mileage. if so then 3.73's. and that blue looks good too.

·
Registered
492 Posts
and i wouldn't worry bout doin a 5.4 swap. you wont get that much more hp to justify the swap. just more head aches. i would slap on a blower or somethin down that line.

·
Registered
492 Posts
also more bang for the buck. and as far as the differential is concerned i would upgrade that thing too. i recomend a detroit locker.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
New differential with stock 28 spline is $185. 31 spline is around $200. I may be selling my 75k mile diferential with 4.10's in about 6 weeks if anyone can wait.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Allright, stock color it is. Maybe change to a Roush stage 2 body kit and '95 Cobra R hood. Planning to move my factory wing back to the edge of the trunk, looks a lot better that way. As far as resale value, she's been mine since '03, she isn't going anywhere!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts