Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering who is getting the Diablo Revolution software that allows "tune on the fly" capabilities with a Diablo chip. This has never been done before. The only chip you can get tuned on the fly was of course, Autologic. After doing some research, I really like the capabilities of the Diablo chip. Its multi-banked program mimics stock and replaces the PCM if I understand correctly. Here is where all the cool things that Diablo does with their chips comes from....like the shift light thingy, the boost bypass thingy, the speed limiter thingy. Anyway, enough babbling, any info out there circulating yet?

Peace,
Don

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I know Pete says he has it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think Pete does have it, maybe I read that somewhere.

If a chip is a chip is a chip....why do they look so different????

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
A chip is a chip is a chip.
That is like saying a server is a server is a server. If that is the case do you want to buy some Gateways for the price of an IBM?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LMAO...my point exactly.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
My point is they all do the same thing, they all have the same capabilities, even the FLASH. There is only so much a chip can do, and all the chip companys have a handle on it.

It is not rocket science
Actually some chips can store data in areas that others cant....ie multibank chips.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
SolidSnake said:
I think Pete does have it, maybe I read that somewhere.

If a chip is a chip is a chip....why do they look so different????
Nitrous Pete does have Revolution, I've watched him tune a chip for Franco with my own two eyes.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So where does Pete tune if he doesn't have a dyno? And when is that new shop in Tom's River gonna be done?

·
Registered
105 Posts
HAMMER said:
Nitrous Pete does have Revolution, I've watched him tune a chip for Franco with my own two eyes.
Speaking of him, where has Franco been? I haven't heard from him in quite some time now???

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
SolidSnake said:
So where does Pete tune if he doesn't have a dyno? And when is that new shop in Tom's River gonna be done?
This is a big misconception about how these "tuners" work. I personally take offense when these people lie to me about being able to "tune" my car. The reality is that aside from autologic tuners and a select few Diablo tuners(which may only be 1 right now) NONE of these guys do any actual chip tuning. All program modifications are done at diablo/superchips and the files are made available for download to these people. When I got my setup from Pete I assumed he had full tuning capabilities and it wasnt until after I saw his red diablo chip that I knew I was lied to. 2 dyno trips and $300 later I still didnt have a working chip and I wasnt happy.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
My point is they all do the same thing, they all have the same capabilities, even the FLASH. There is only so much a chip can do, and all the chip companys have a handle on it.

It is not rocket science
I dont think that they all do the same thing... as far as being able to add fuel or take fuel away, yes... but I have heard that with a Diablo Sport chip and software that there are more 'things' that can be modified inside the chip...

·
Registered
244 Posts
SolidSnake said:
Things are still in the works w/ the shop in toms river. Taking it step by step, as soon as it opens I will make sure I let you know :)

Matt

·
Registered
244 Posts
StangD281 said:
Speaking of him, where has Franco been? I haven't heard from him in quite some time now???
Franco is doing good, I saw him last weekend actually and talk to him everyday on the phone, so he is around :)

Matt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts