Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just trying to choose which headers to go with and I am looking for some opinions. I have heard that JBA easily crack, but they also have a great reputation. The other option is the FMS Stainless units...they look good as well.

LT are NOT an option as I have heard too many horror stories of things melting, and I already have a stainless exhaust. Also, the changing of a clutch in the future makes the LT not something that I would consider. I am too low with the SuperSport springs too.

I am looking to make my car breathe a little bit better to make 400 rwhp with my blower...currently at 366rwhp so I am close.

Any opinions, experiences, or general insights would be greatly appreciated.
~Darren

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Svae your money and intercool it.The headers wont gain more then 10rwhp on a blown car.

Why not get a aftercooler?That would get you to your goal.

Tim

·
Registered
71 Posts
Agreed, you wont get much with a set of shorties 10-15RWHP tops. Put an IC or Aftercooler on it. FYI my longtubes are not any lower than anything else under the car, never melted anything and I can get my 4R70W tranny in and out without even loosening them...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are those the Hookers? I have also debated the new Bassani mid lengths...they look like a good option as well.
~Darren

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you were asking about mine then no. They are the older style Macs with the 1 7/8 primaries and 3" collector. I'm not at all impressed with the midlengths...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts