Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 GT with steeda air kit and flow master exhaust...what mods would you do before adding nitrous.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I to have an '03 GT, mine is a convertible, I am thinking about nitrous too, but am afraid of that plastic intake manifold. Do you think it will hold up? I am looking at a ZEX wet kit, comes with 75-100-125 hp nozzles. The whole unit is self contained in one module, they say install is 2-3 hours. Supposed to be the easiest to install. They also say it is the safest kit out there, it comes with a computer that learns the voltage curve of your throttle position sensor so it is impossible to open other than at full throttle. If I go there I will let you know how it is. Anyone else have any info on ZEX?

·
Registered
227 Posts
the only thing ive heard about the manifolds is if the rev limiter is hit. i know i never had a problem with N20 and my stock intake...ive still got the same one with my blower now. the only ppl i know that use ZEX are usually rice burners. the whole thing is contained in a module? so how far from the intake are the nitrous/gas solenoids? i dont know about that stuff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
from what I can see, there is a purple box about half the size of a carton of cigarettes, this contains all the solenoids and other electronics. You mount this wherever you want. On one side are the screw in connections, one for fuel, one for nitrous. On the other side are the wires that go to your Throttle Position Sensor, power source, etc. There is a computer inside chip inside the box that reads the TPS voltage curve, which is about 1 volt at closed throttle. At Wide Open Throttle the voltage increases at the TPS thus opening the nitrous solenoid. Supposed to be safe, no fuel puddling that leads to intake backfires, and easy to install. ZEX makes a dry kit for pre 1996 GT's and a wet kit for later models right up to 2003.

·
Registered
131 Posts
they make a dry kit for all gt's with a fuel return line. i just ordered one for my 96.

·
Registered
13 Posts
the later model GT's have a returnless fuel system, ZEX makes only a wet kit for returnless. I think it is from '97 on for the returnless system. The kit runs about $675 and it says it includes everything. No bottle warmer or remote bottle opener, but these are not neccesities but are good to have. You can ride around with the system armed all day if you want, as it only opens the solenoids at wide open throttle.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Laser-red 2003vert said:
At Wide Open Throttle the voltage increases at the TPS thus opening the nitrous solenoid. Supposed to be safe, no fuel puddling that leads to intake backfires, and easy to install. .
well if you have a wet kit, the chance of puddling is there. most other wet kits are wot activated, but use a spring on the throttle cable so when your wot, it activates the switch/solenoid. but its still spraying a mixture of fuel and nitrous into the intake, which has the chance of puddling and going boom

·
Registered
37 Posts
Black01GT said:
3.73 gears, an h or x pipe, a full cat back and underdrive pullies.
I'd do the above mentioned mods and here are my nitrous picks:

Venom 2000 Nitrous kit. Check it out, it looks like it's a pretty simple kit with
great functionallity and good safeguards. It comes with a pda loaded with software!

or

NOS NOSzle kit. It's dope. Nitrous gets mixed into each individual injector.

Both of these kits are a bit pricey but when you are dealing with nitrous I say better safe than sorry!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Pulleys, Timing Adjuster, 3.73, LCA's and Nitto's. I would opt for an NX Kit. It out performs all others. I have a buddy with a Ford EFI Kit FS for $400. Or get NX's new Direct Port Kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts