Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
I think that is Avgdog's Cobra, He also has a Lightning that I think he was working on. He is in the HALO club, so I guess I could ask what happened.

·
Registered
661 Posts
KA Boom

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nope...no kbooms here...all is going well

actually it is still together...just taking a while to finish because of a long NASTEY divorce.

We have 2 of the 3 stages working well at this point . The intial testing was with a 50 shot on the 1st stgae (WOT) then the 2nd stage 2 seconds later with a 150 shot.

It pulls real hard with just that set up, but I have tried a 125 1st stage and a 150 second stage...thats just crazy to drive...no way to shift fast enough.

Within the next week we should have the 3rd stage proggressive NOSzle system completed and ready for testing.

We are not releasing any numbers yet...until I get it all lined out. But they will be comming soon.

Thats why no one has heard anything in a while...but they will be soon:D :king

·
Registered
46 Posts
BUSTED! The car lives =)

Glad to hear, any track times with the gas?

John

·
Registered
40 Posts
We were hoping the car would of been finished by now...but...that damn divorce thing.

Are intent now is to debut the care the first of next year. If all goes well that will include a really wild paint scheme as well (we hope) some really good single digit track times

But who knows, time will only tell.

jb

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good luck, you sticking with the T56 and the IRS?

MMmmmmmMMMmmmm.. single digits.

John

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Questions...

avdawg said:
It pulls real hard with just that set up, but I have tried a 125 1st stage and a 150 second stage...thats just crazy to drive...no way to shift fast enough.:D :king
How can you not shift fast enough with an automatic? Were these test done at the track or on the street?

I'm very interested in your set-up. Can you tell us any other information about the car? Other mods? Type of trans? Type of rear and the gear ratio?

I've read some past posts and you said you have a completely stand alone fuel system for the nitrous. Are you running the fuel for the nitrous with carb pressure? I did that before with an old ride. Stand alone fuel, Holley Blue pump, carb pressure - worked great!

Please post some other info about this car!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Re: Questions...

Need4Speed03 said:
How can you not shift fast enough with an automatic? Were these test done at the track or on the street?

I'm very interested in your set-up. Can you tell us any other information about the car? Other mods? Type of trans? Type of rear and the gear ratio?

I've read some past posts and you said you have a completely stand alone fuel system for the nitrous. Are you running the fuel for the nitrous with carb pressure? I did that before with an old ride. Stand alone fuel, Holley Blue pump, carb pressure - worked great!

Please post some other info about this car!!
The 6 speed is in there now, had an issue with the auto, but thats getting worked out.

Lets see as far as mods, 2.80 pulley, t56/c4 trans, 8.8 rear (M&M weight jacker lowers & HPM double adjustable uppers), it has 4.10's in it now, but we need to go to a taller gear, probably at least a 3.55. 325/50-15 BFG Drag Radials, major diet

The nitrous fuel system is an Aeromotive A1000 pump/regulator, woth a 3 gallon cell. It has to be a hi pressure system when you put NOSzles in, because it will see boost pressure

Things to finish...Long tube headers, Tubular K member w/coil overs, Skinny Kid rear wing, parachute mount system, onborad fire system & wild paint...

hope that helps

jb

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info!

So did you get a clean pass with the 2 stages (50/150)? What'd she run?

I see your point about the carb pressure - I didnt think about that! Worked good for me on a N/A car!

UT-OH - Your putting on a parachute mount! Planning on going over 150 MPH?? Whats you ET/MPH goals with the Eaton?

Get it done! I want to see that car run!! :shocked

·
Registered
447 Posts
Must be planning on some plus 150mph passes for the chute. That thing is gonna be nasty. Rowing the gears at that speed would be near impossible...built auto will be the ticket. Good luck with everything.
:banggears

·
Registered
40 Posts
Need4Speed03 said:

UT-OH - Your putting on a parachute mount! Planning on going over 150 MPH?? Whats you ET/MPH goals with the Eaton?

Get it done! I want to see that car run!! :shocked
You wouldnt beleive me if I told you:D

Thats kinda why I quit putting info up...some of the flames have hurt...so, I just figured I would bring it out and let it prove itself.

But...it WILL be fast:jawdrop

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fast runs...

Well Good Luck! I look forward to seeing the car run and hopefully - RUN VERY FAST!!

Get it done!!!!! Hope to see the car soon!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts