Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 03 with 1500 miles on the clock and the JDM pullies still in the box in the trunk! I have the 2.93 and the 2.80, my mods will inlcude JLP Ram Air, UPR offroad X, Mac Catback, (No Headers at this time), I know I will need an idler system with either pulley, most likely I will go with metco, Rob Raymers place is about an hour away so he most likely will get the job to tune the car, what am I leaving out here?? I want something that makes the desired power and will trap 122 plus in the 1/4 are my goals, whats it gonna take!! Havent bought anything yet so my descisions can be changed!!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Your best bet is to talk to Rob R. He Will stear you in the rite direction, Give him a call. pick one person and stick with them
Rob will help you.
nitro

·
Registered
88 Posts
480 RWHP SAE NET

Look at my sig below. Same range you want -- driveability great, lots of power, small investment.

G

·
http://www.modularfords.com/storage/HRHexhaust.mpg
500 plus horsepower!
Hood Vent Mod(Me)
Front Swaybar removed(Me)
9 inch Powerstack(SFP)
CAI cover(Amazon Racing)
2.80 Upper Pulley(JDM)
6 lb Lower Pulley(JDM)(custom lower pulley cage)
19.5 lbs of Boost till 5700rpms(16.5 till 6400 rpms)
Gates Belt (774)
DIABLOSPORT Chip (Nitrous Pete)
NGK TR6 plugs(Nitrous Pete)
100 mm idler pulley(SFP)
BilletFlow Upper Pulley Wrap Idler(Nitrous Pete)
BilletFlow 100mm and 92mm Billet Idler Pullies
Bassani Exhaust(no cats)
Nitto Drags 315-35-17(Downs Ford)
AutoMeter Boost Gauge(Downs Ford)
Bump Valve Mod(Nitrous Pete)
BilletFlow Throttlebody/Plenum(Nitrous Pete)"stock TB now"
Headers Bassani Mid-Length
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter(Nitrous Pete)
Steeda Adj. Clutch Quad/Firewall(Nitrous Pete)
Compucar Nitrous System(Nitrous Pete)

·
Registered
53 Posts
500 plus horsepower!
Do you have a dyno graph that shows this? I'd love to see the HP and TQ curves.

G

·
I havnt gotten my new setup to the dyno yet...but here are 2 sheets when Pete ran with the basic setup I have..except no longtub headers at this time(JBA shorties) and there was no belt wrap tech yet then either. He was at about 17 lbs of boost then....this belt wrap idler pulley stuff really has helped alot. This was done last year....I just follow Pete's lead..and I am not ashamed in doing so. His testing has really kept me safe. This setup Pete had on this run was running way rich also as you can see.....this is how Pete learned as he tested and pioneered his way to the 9's.

Dyno Run

Dyno Nitrous Shot

The Nitrous Run was done before headers at all...but look at that torque!!!

Hot Rod(I have to get to the Dyno)Harry
shoooot!
Hot Rod(I need a rollcage)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I made 489 STD, we didn't check what that was SAE.

2.93 L pulley
9" Powerstack filter
Amazon Racing Heat shield
Amazon Racing Diablosport chip
Borla Cat back
Thicker Heat exchanger
Paul's version of the accufab TB and Inlet
(Later tested the "Accufab" Accufab and it was worth about 2 HP over the Paul's version.)
Stock catted H

JT

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JT impressive for sure, do u run any idlers with your setup or do you not get belt slip?? Your car is a runner for still have the factory cats in place, I guess the inlet and throttle body and exchanger help out quite a bit!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
trey193 said:
JT impressive for sure, do u run any idlers with your setup or do you not get belt slip?? Your car is a runner for still have the factory cats in place, I guess the inlet and throttle body and exchanger help out quite a bit!
I left out the "extra" idler, I do have one. It is a 90mm, not quite as large as some currently available.

JT

G

·
The SAE is most likely only about 9 less horse if it was done in the winter in good weather. So your still pushing some awesome numbers JT.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

JT said:
I made 489 STD, we didn't check what that was SAE.

2.93 L pulley
9" Powerstack filter
Amazon Racing Heat shield
Amazon Racing Diablosport chip
Borla Cat back
Thicker Heat exchanger
Paul's version of the accufab TB and Inlet
(Later tested the "Accufab" Accufab and it was worth about 2 HP over the Paul's version.)
Stock catted H

JT

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes he is for sure making great power, wonder how much he would see by going with a good intermediate pipe??I wonder if he got a little more aggressive tune from Rick, thats what i am worried about is which ever tuner I go with is, leaving some on the table if U will!! I want the most aggressive tune while being safe as well, I can tell my car is Rich as hell because after a night of fun there is black soot all over my bumper, easily seen on the satin paint, I know everyone says these cars make more power a hair rich but mine is waaayy to rich it seems!! Rob Raymers place is about an hour and a half from here, i assume he has all the latest and greatest tuning capeabilities with the diablo???? Later All!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts