Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone is putting down to the wheels and with what mods. Before my LT's and O/R X with the mods in the sig, except I had a High Flow Magnaflow X I put down 244rwhp and 286tq. I go to the dyno saturday so we will see what it puts down with the LTs and X.

·
Registered
289 Posts
259.9RWHP and 293.8 RWTQ

Bill

·
Registered
71 Posts
368rwhp & 360rwtq SAE

Hopefully 98 Silverstang will sell me some of his old parts so I can make some decent power too!!!

Mods are in sig.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Blue01 -
What mod's do you have to help you acieve those #s?
I really would like to be over 400rwhp, but I need to know the required mods needed.

98Silverstang -
I know for a while you were at 419rwhp, what mods did you have at the time?

I'm thinking to achieve max performance out of my current set-up I would need LT headers, shorty midpipe, cat-back, Bullitt intake, intercooler or water injection, and maybe a smaller pulley.

I want to make sure anything I buy will transfer when I go to a built shortblock.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Crank the boost up , and re-tune!:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
00whitegtvert said:
Blue01 -
What mod's do you have to help you acieve those #s?
I really would like to be over 400rwhp, but I need to know the required mods needed.

98Silverstang -
I know for a while you were at 419rwhp, what mods did you have at the time?

I'm thinking to achieve max performance out of my current set-up I would need LT headers, shorty midpipe, cat-back, Bullitt intake, intercooler or water injection, and maybe a smaller pulley.

I want to make sure anything I buy will transfer when I go to a built shortblock.
Go with the 3.25 Pulley since you have a huge blower, and get some cams and youll be around 470-480.

Abdul

·
Registered
36 Posts
Last time I drove his car I saw 19 PSI, I think he`s going with the Riechard intake and a smaller pulley so I believe his numbers gonna be higher. But I dont think he's gonna dyno again, we'll tune our cars in the track.

Abdul

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hopefully next week going to the 1/8th for tuning, and the week after for the 1/4. It all depends on the weather :( :(
Ill keep you guys informed.

Abdul

·
Registered
243 Posts
The reichard intake is next week and does he have a cage in it already. Im sure his car is really fast. Must be nice to have something like that especially that intake i heard is a nice one, too much for me though

·
Registered
71 Posts
thanks for the info guys.

I would love to just swap pulleys and crank up the boost, but I'm afraid my stock shortblock wouldn't like that.

Maybe an intercooler plus a pulley swap is the easiest way to do it as safely as possible without a lot of work.

·
Registered
810 Posts
00whitegtvert, You are pushing ,definately reaching the threshold of your stock block. The stock rods on a gt are its weakest link under boost and rpm's they dont handle much more over 420hp agressively. 1st thing that goes is the rods. I see it everyday , you see Im the Collision Center Manager of a Ford Dealer in South Florida and in our Service dept we see alot of broken blowercars in the area b/c people dont listen and they never think it could happen to them. Your safe where your at you can be right at 400 with a good clean tune on the rich side , but I wouldn't go higher then that. At least not without a built motor , Im sure there's alot of people probably running higher numbers but keep in mind not everyone's motor are exactly the same.

·
Registered
71 Posts
281blwngt -
I agree. I think I am probably right near the edge.
I guess I could just get my PA Valvebody to make my shifting more fun, and then save up for my forged internal motor and then just crank up the boost and go for it.

Of course with all that boost my stock plastic intake will be blown to smithereens, but i'll worry about that later.

I constantly have to remind myself that my 368rwhp is thru an automatic which is 5% less than on a stick car.

Oh well, lets see if I can resist temptation?
Somehow the little devil on my shoulder keeps winning.

·
Registered
36 Posts
BanginStang02 said:
The reichard intake is next week and does he have a cage in it already. Im sure his car is really fast. Must be nice to have something like that especially that intake i heard is a nice one, too much for me though
Ya he has the cage in already, Iv seen some pics of the intake it looks beuatiful, looks like a renegade car. But for me Im staying with the bullit, cuz the bullit is torqueiii :)
Abdul

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
463~398
mods -built 2v,comp cams,little s trim,03 cobra fuel tank\pumps
3.33 pulley,no power pipe,30lb injectors and a 80mm lamf.

next up more boost,powerpipe,bigger maf,bigger injectors,and a retune:D

1 - 20 of 57 Posts