Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Funny you mention brewing beer because that is something I would love to get into but my woman wont let me because she is worried it will stink up the house.

My other hobby is playing golf. I enjoy getting out of the house just about every saturday morning for 4-5 hours. It's a sport that takes a lot of skill and time to get decent at and a long time to get good (unless you have god given talent) so it may not be for you.

I have no idea what to suggest to you because you do a lot of stuff for a living that I would consider a hobby or would like to do for a living myself.

· Registered
1,058 Posts
Computers (I'm a software developper), and guitars.
Here's my 2 main axes:

LTD KH-602

LTD JH-600 (before I start to work on it / clean it)

· Premium Member
18,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's worthy of it's own thread so I will start one, but my wife (gf at the time) bought me a home brew kit for Christmas last year. There is a place locally that sells them. It does not stink up the house. When you first brew it up, it smells about like coffee (could depend on what your brewing). As it ferments, it smells like bread cooking, but its not obnoxious. As time goes by (2 - 3 days) it doesn't make much of a smell.

Funny you mention brewing beer because that is something I would love to get into but my woman wont let me because she is worried it will stink up the house.

My other hobby is playing golf. I enjoy getting out of the house just about every saturday morning for 4-5 hours. It's a sport that takes a lot of skill and time to get decent at and a long time to get good (unless you have god given talent) so it may not be for you.

I have no idea what to suggest to you because you do a lot of stuff for a living that I would consider a hobby or would like to do for a living myself.

· Premium Member
18,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I enjoy brewing too.

I had to eliminate A LOT of my "hobbies" once my girl was born. Then, even more got put on the waste side after Evan was born. lol
We have a boy on the way. I'm excited! I'm sure I will have no time for a hobby (don't really have time now)

· Registered
298 Posts
Apparently I play Golf too LOL . My mother does not like me going to the track " you might get hurt or break your car !!! "
so as not to cause undue stress or alarm - Every time I go to the track I tell her Ive been golfing with my buddy .

Would this count as a Fake hobby to cover your other hobby ? my other real hobby is music I play Guitar too - I bet there are alot of muscians who are into cars as well .

· Registered
773 Posts
I have played golf since I was about 8 years old.

Earl

· "Do Work"
1,647 Posts
Besides Cars, guns are a pretty big hobby of mine... Xbox I play when I have free time around the house.

I also collect sports stuff, I built my basement up when I bought my house, and I'm pretty much putting nothing but sports stuff down there. Walls are filled with Jersey's, pictures, etc. Have quite a few baseballs signed by big name guys, etc. Have a ball signed by the STL Cardinals from 1942 passed down from my grandpa, it was the year they won the world series.

· Registered
889 Posts
I enjoy woodworking/cabinet making. Hard to do in my garage when it's full of cars though. It takes my mind off of everything.

· Registered
829 Posts
Target shooting is my second favorite hobby, but my cars are soaking up all of my money right now. Well, it doesn't help that I just bought a house... but I'm not the type to have nice cars and live in a dump. I have to provide for my wife and kids, first and foremost. Mustangs are the second priority, so the guns come it at a distant third. But owning a Barrett .50 cal is on my bucket list.

· Registered
64 Posts
>SCUBA (cave & wreck diving)
>Building & flying RC airplanes
>Riding my road bike
>Volunteering with son's boy scout troop
>Working on Vintage Mustangs
>Salvaging S-series saturns for the family fleet

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.