Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have a set of 26x10.5 ET streets to mount up on my 01 Cobra with a GT live axle and GT brakes. I found that 15x8 welds with a 5.5 backspacing would be the size I needed, but here lies the problem. It was suggested to me that I get extended axle studs so that the welds fit properly. If I do this then what happens when I run my 03 cobra wheels on the street? I really am not interested in having axle studs hanging out of my wheels.

Can you guys please give me some advice on this? I know Jimmy V and Nitrous Pete have some experience with this stuff. I just want to purchase a set of wheels to mount my slicks on and not have to run extended studs. I also want the car to remain safe as well.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.;)

Razor.

G

·
If you want to run slicks you have to have the long studs and open ended lug nuts so the studs come out in plain view for the tech dudes. So you will have extra extra long studs on your factory rims out back. I ran like that with alot of my other cars...it sucks..but something that had to be done. Now you know why I havnt gone crazy getting my car track legal...it just has me going crazy trying to figure out which way to go. So for now...Drag Radials.

Are M/T ET Streets legal to run without the longer studs like Drag Radials are? Just wondering....

Hot Rod Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright Harry well maybe this topic can help you as well. Now I know that the Tech guys require the studs, But is it safe to run with the stock ones? I'm more concerned with safety than the tech guy. I would think that there has to be a wheel out there that you can run slicks on without having to use extended axle studs. I'm waiting for the pro's to jump in on this one.

Razor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts