Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
BanginStang02 said:
At what times is a cage required and at what times does the cage need to be improved?
For NHRA certified tracks, you will need an 8 point roll bar for cars running faster than 11.99...You will need at least a 10 point full cage, with the "halo" for cars running faster than 9.99

For IHRA tracks, the 8 point bar isn't needed till 11.49...Same though for the full cage, 9.99....

There are ALOT of other safety equip requirements needed...SFI bellhousings, trans blankets, SFI dampner, 5 pt harness, etc...Best bet is to pick up an NHRA rule book or check out any of the Modular Shootout classes at

www.modularshootout.com

All of the necessary safety equip is listed at the end of the rules for each class

Jeff

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
6-point is considered a roll bar, an 8-point with halow is considered a cage. I call a 6-point a roll cage myself but to NHRA it is a roll bar.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
To go faster than 10.0 you need a certified 8-point cage along with a ton of other goodies. Just to name a few that I am familiar with. Window Net, full fire suit, and a Competition license!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts