Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what HP level should you upgrade from 19lbs to 24lbs. I'm currently putting down 260 to the wheels. Sometime in the near future I will be putting down 280+ to the wheels. I will be upgrading my fuel pump shortly and running a 125 shot.

·
Registered
692 Posts
At 300 to the wheels, however if your just spraying now and then stock injectors SHOULD surfice, but you do want to upgrade your pump with anything higher than a 100 shot. You should dyno it just to see if are running lean. Most people don'y upgrade injectors for spray.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i was thinking of going to 24# but i have the 85mm c&l with no sample tube.do i have to get a burned chip to run 24# injectors?

·
Registered
126 Posts
mine electric part is the ford one, the 2002 set up is wierd because the c&l meter dosent have a sample tube.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The C&L housing doesnt have a sample tube? Mine did. Thats weird in itself, but still has nothing to do with upgrading injectors. The M/A and injectors work hand in hand. If the factory meter isnt for 24 lb injectors, the car will not run right.

·
Registered
126 Posts
well all c&l meters come with a sample tube (except for 2002 and up) that is for 19#injectors and if you choose to go with a bigger injector size you just change the sample tube for your application.C&L is the only calibrate your self meter but the 2002 and up guys get scrwed because there is no sample tube location i believe due to the 6 pin configuration in the new 2002 wire harness.

·
Registered
300 Posts
All you have to do is have the chip burned for whatever injector you decide to install. The C&L meter for your car doesnt calibrate the injectors all it does is flow a little more air than a stock meter.
Your computer still thinks the stock mass air unit is in place. To make a long story short just have your chip burned for your injectors. We are a diabloport dealer and we do it all the time for 99& up Cars. Actually you are better off letting the computer calibrate for the injectors rather than the mass air mater

1 - 9 of 9 Posts